loving it!

Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador  in  Chattanooga, TN
Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Bare Escentuals part-time for more than a year

Pros

gratis is a great perk!

Cons

4 hour shifts at various times of the week!

Other Reviews for Bare Escentuals

As in all retail, it completely depends upon your location.

Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador  in  Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Bare Escentuals part-time for more than a year

Pros

-Pretty decent starting pay with the opportunity for a raise every year.
    -BE becomes family, not only on a store level, but on a district level and beyond.
    -You will become an addict, and you really have to be in order to be successful with your numbers here.
    -Incredible education. Twice annual seminars plus two day basic training, on top of which corporate sends out new videos weekly about updates with the company, products, etc.
    -Excellent discount, 50% for employees and their household/immediate family.
    -Swag (we all got pink iPod shuffles, bracelets, compacts, water bottles, bumper stickers, t-shirts, etc).

Cons

-Not much work/personal balance. It's hard to advance if you can't drop everything to pick up an extra shift here and there, one girl I worked with was told her request off for her grandmother's funeral was denied because she "didn't give enough notice". The work environment is small (most stores average 10 employees) so gossip is inevitable.
    -My store had a lot of favoritism.
    -Expectations for advancement are very unclear, unless you have the right connections.
    -Goals aren't realistic. The company expects sales to be all too similar and there are too many metrics to keep track of. Not only do you need to know ADS, IPT, and SPH, but you are expected to have xx% skincare, xx% Ready, and other miscellaneous numbers.
    -Bonuses only benefit management and can sometimes harm the potential earnings of associates (hour cuts).

Please promote based on merit, not who you went to college with or who introduced you to your boyfriend. Pay closer attention to issues brought to your attention--there have been so many things I've seen that, in my opinion, would have gotten someone fired on the spot that have simply been looked over while other more competent employees have been treated undeservingly.

Amazing company, great standards and fabulous products

Current Employee - Key Holder  in  Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Bare Escentuals

Pros

great leadership, open communication, fair, clean, consistency and regular training.

Cons

if you are someone that is not motivated or goal oriented, this might not be the place for you. seasonal employment is rare.

There are newer employer reviews for Bare Escentuals.

Worked for Bare Escentuals? Contribute to the Community!