Bare Escentuals

www.bareescentuals.com
  www.bareescentuals.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bare Escentuals

Not fond of promoting from within, occasional shady business practices, really awesome product and good training.

Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bare Escentuals part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Believe in your product: it's pretty good for most people
They actually teach you how to do things (make up application and selling techniques)
Discount!

Cons

Poor management styling
Lack of upward opportunities
Questionable business practices

Make sure you really know what's going on in your stores, cause managers have been known to steal from your company and act like a tyrant. Also, consider promoting hardworking and qualified boutique workers to corporate offices once in a while.

219 Other Employee Reviews for Bare Escentuals (View Most Recent)

A lot of fun, with some growing pains

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bare Escentuals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Beauty is fun! It's satisfying knowing you are making people feel better about themselves and their skin.

Cons

Can be cut-throat and very competitive.

Th products the company makes are superior quality, the management is horrible.

Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bare Escentuals part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Customers are usually pretty friendly. The products made are amazing I wouldn't wear any other brand of make-up and their skincare line is fantastic! I enjoyed the job itself. It is fun to do make-unders and hand demos. The company is defiantly growing as their products are unbeatable, I think they will be around for a very long time and more jobs will come. 50% discount plus gratis.

Cons

Management. You have to befriend the manager or you won't move up in the company. Once you are in a management position it is almost impossible to lose your job even if you get a DUI or show up to work late on multiple occasions. They say they hire from within but they don't so management has no realistic idea of what actually happens when interacting with customers. The store I worked at there were a few occasions that I did not know if I was going to be working the next day as the schedule wasn't posted yet. I wish I could have stayed but it became not worth it, I liked the job with the customers, doing make-unders were lots of fun.

You are a growing company and your staffing turnover is insane. The beauty ambassadors are the ones that are there to strictly sell products and make you money. Listen to what they have to say, and stop giving so much paperwork its a waste of everyone's time. Hire from within. When you decide to launch something do it right the first time. We were in limbo with no pencil eyeliners for a few months. Yes, I understand we needed to sell skincare but the fact is you are still a make-up company you need to have the basics, its embarrassing and makes everyone's job who works in the store much harder than it needs to be and it's not helping you make money. First need first remember?

There are newer employer reviews for Bare Escentuals