There are newer employer reviews for Bare Escentuals

A lot of fun, with some growing pains

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bare Escentuals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Beauty is fun! It's satisfying knowing you are making people feel better about themselves and their skin.

Cons

Can be cut-throat and very competitive.

200 Other Employee Reviews for Bare Escentuals (View Most Recent)

Th products the company makes are superior quality, the management is horrible.

Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bare Escentuals part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Customers are usually pretty friendly. The products made are amazing I wouldn't wear any other brand of make-up and their skincare line is fantastic! I enjoyed the job itself. It is fun to do make-unders and hand demos. The company is defiantly growing as their products are unbeatable, I think they will be around for a very long time and more jobs will come. 50% discount plus gratis.

Cons

Management. You have to befriend the manager or you won't move up in the company. Once you are in a management position it is almost impossible to lose your job even if you get a DUI or show up to work late on multiple occasions. They say they hire from within but they don't so management has no realistic idea of what actually happens when interacting with customers. The store I worked at there were a few occasions that I did not know if I was going to be working the next day as the schedule wasn't posted yet. I wish I could have stayed but it became not worth it, I liked the job with the customers, doing make-unders were lots of fun.

You are a growing company and your staffing turnover is insane. The beauty ambassadors are the ones that are there to strictly sell products and make you money. Listen to what they have to say, and stop giving so much paperwork its a waste of everyone's time. Hire from within. When you decide to launch something do it right the first time. We were in limbo with no pencil eyeliners for a few months. Yes, I understand we needed to sell skincare but the fact is you are still a make-up company you need to have the basics, its embarrassing and makes everyone's job who works in the store much harder than it needs to be and it's not helping you make money. First need first remember?

Holds the real potential of changing the world in the palm of their hands, and they are dropping it.

Current Employee - Girlfriend in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Girlfriend in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bare Escentuals part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The product (old and new)
    The world changing movement they could potentially create...
    Women LOVE it
    The amazing people I have gotten to work with...

Cons

Since the buy out It's all lip service... they are using words to manipulate buying trends, and they are the wrong words at that! If they really want to make a difference they should read Power Vs Force by Dr. David R Hawkins... Executive/Senior management could learn a lot....
    Money is more important than the girlfriends/employees . :(
    Unethical hiring practices (worst HR department I have ever been in contact with.)
    Hypocritical and Dishonest... They do not practice what they preach.
    Lack of research in hermeneutics and lack of foresight to see it.. Missing a huge opportunity to make the brand an icon while changing the world through minerals. Sad.
    They want to create a movement and yet they are selling a campaign. Inauthentic.

Look outside your understanding of cosmetics and find the underlying messages women need to hear; If we think we are going to change the world we have to lead by example! We have to ask: What is BE doing for the world? For women? Where are we EMPOWERING beauty? I don't see a company that is leading a revolution, I see a company that is following the statuesque. We are being followers rather than leaders. Please lead, the women of the world need you. Please, stand up for women and take some risks, think outside the small cosmetic box. BE a company women want to be a part of; BE the change you wish to see.

There are newer employer reviews for Bare Escentuals