There are newer employer reviews for Bare Escentuals

A lot of fun, with some growing pains

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bare Escentuals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Beauty is fun! It's satisfying knowing you are making people feel better about themselves and their skin.

Cons

Can be cut-throat and very competitive.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Th products the company makes are superior quality, the management is horrible.

Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bare Escentuals part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Customers are usually pretty friendly. The products made are amazing I wouldn't wear any other brand of make-up and their skincare line is fantastic! I enjoyed the job itself. It is fun to do make-unders and hand demos. The company is defiantly growing as their products are unbeatable, I think they will be around for a very long time and more jobs will come. 50% discount plus gratis.

Cons

Management. You have to befriend the manager or you won't move up in the company. Once you are in a management position it is almost impossible to lose your job even if you get a DUI or show up to work late on multiple occasions. They say they hire from within but they don't so management has no realistic idea of what actually happens when interacting with customers. The store I worked at there were a few occasions that I did not know if I was going to be working the next day as the schedule wasn't posted yet. I wish I could have stayed but it became not worth it, I liked the job with the customers, doing make-unders were lots of fun.

Advice to Management

You are a growing company and your staffing turnover is insane. The beauty ambassadors are the ones that are there to strictly sell products and make you money. Listen to what they have to say, and stop giving so much paperwork its a waste of everyone's time. Hire from within. When you decide to launch something do it right the first time. We were in limbo with no pencil eyeliners for a few months. Yes, I understand we needed to sell skincare but the fact is you are still a make-up company you need to have the basics, its embarrassing and makes everyone's job who works in the store much harder than it needs to be and it's not helping you make money. First need first remember?

Used to be a great company!

Former Employee - Boutique Manager in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Boutique Manager in Hartford, CT

I worked at Bare Escentuals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-great discount
    -loyal team
    -great clients
    -awesome sales trainers
    -great products

Cons

-horrible and unprofessional upper management (DMs & RMs)
    -micromanagement
    -unrealistic goals & pressure to make numbers
    -pathetic HR department
    -Favortism all across the board
    -no room for growth

Advice to Management

Appreciate your tenured people! Stop the Favortism and support ALL your BMs! Go back to basics and stop making everything so complicated! Expanding the brand will drive business! Not micromanaging your stores! Support, motivating, and really inspiring your employees will get you results!