There are newer employer reviews for Bare Escentuals

This could be a great job. COULD.

Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador
Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador

I have been working at Bare Escentuals part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay for retail Excellent discount Nice product Gratis The clientele, sometimes. It's really nice when you actually make a difference in a woman's day.

Cons

First of all, this is a company full of women so there is going to be a lot of two-facedness and cattiness. Sorry ladies, someone has to say it. (Yes, I'm a woman) Management is THE number 1 issue in this company - from the boutique level to the regional level. Management in this company is a serious issue. Every boutique manager is absolutely terrified of their district manager who is in turn terrified of their regional manager, and I'm sure it goes right along the line. There is absolutely no job security here. You never know when you go to work if you'll be fired for something ridiculous. Shady managers - they'll change your sales goal if you are doing well that day. Can we say favoritism? I have personally seen managers favor employees who do better than others with their numbers, while they have those good numbers. I have personally seen managers single out employees who contradict them or threaten them in some ridiculous way. I have personally seen managers bully key-holders until they 1) stop producing the numbers they want and are systematically demoted or fired 2) end up quitting because they can't handle the stress. Can we say unorganized? Managers [ease learn how to make a schedule. Why do you bother asking for availability when you just ignore it? Also, please stop it with the 3 hour shifts. Such a waste of time. Can we say contradicting? From boutique level management that makes up rules as they go to try to "control" the employees, (never mind we all have employee handbooks on site and don't you dare try to show your manager where they are wrong), to corporate level big-wigs contradicting their every statement. You're pushed and pushed and pushed to sell the product and make your sales, all the while you are screwed over by the mother ship with their coupons and free product with no purchase necessary every other week. And all of this goes against each employees numbers. There is NO work-life balance. You are expected to give your entire life to this company. Got a sick kid? Tough. Got a case of the flu so you got a doctor's note? Ha! They don't take doctor's notes. Car breaks down? Better find yourself a ride to work or better yet, walk your butt there. This job is not for single mothers or people who put family first. It is company first, or you get nowhere and/or fired for nothing. I've seen it happen. Absolutely unrealistic sales goals (that have goals within that goal) that can get you FIRED if you don't make.

Advice to Management

This company needs an overhaul of their regional, district and boutique level managers. Management, please realize that your employees are not just product-pushing-number-making-machines, they are people. Think about reinstating the grace period, especially around the holidays. Stop sending out coupons that require no minimum purchase or free products with no minimum purchase. Also, we are not the cult of Leslie Blodgett. She seems like a cool lady, but she's just that - a lady. Not a demi-god! So please management! Calm down about her.

Other Employee Reviews for Bare Escentuals

Painful!

Current Employee - Business Manager in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Bare Escentuals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is absolutely nothing positive that I can say about my experience with this company! Worst company I've ever worked for!

Cons

Utterly the worse company to work for! The company itself does not care about it's people at all! the human resources department is not there to look out for the best interest of the employees, they are put in place to protect the company and could care less about the well being of the employees. I currently work for the company and have experienced frustrations with the way upper management and corporate deal with complaints. Changes have been made within the company and the way they dealt with it and expressed to the employees about the changes was atrocious; they waited until the changes were put into effect to tell us about it, and refuse to contact/reply to us to speak about it! I have worked for "not so great" companies before and this is by far the worse yet. If you are considering employment with this company, save yourself the frustration and the headache, turn it down, and look for a real job and a company that prides itself in employee satisfaction and growth!

Advice to Management

Maybe they should start to care about their employees input and realize that employees can make or break a business. They are who the clients/ customers deal with on a day to day basis. Changes need to be handled with a little more consideration to the people affected by it! After this whole ordeal, I will never recommend this product line to anyone and they have now lost a whole clientele base in the NY region due to this! My friends, family, my loyal clients, and myself will never again buy another product by Bare Minerals!

It was overall a nice place to work.

Former Employee - Boutique Manager
    Former Employee - Boutique Manager

I worked at Bare Escentuals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discount was decent. The customer interaction made for a fun work experience.

Cons

There is absolutely no growth potential.

Advice to Management

Get real. Very "elite" acting.