There are newer employer reviews for Bare Escentuals

Great environment and great people

Current Employee - Key Holder
Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at Bare Escentuals part-time (more than a year)

Pros

It becomes like a close knit family, I look forward to going into work. They also have a great gratis program.....

Cons

The ways of doing stuff always changes but it is usually for the best...I truly enjoy my job!

reviews filtered by

Great products, wonderful customers, but unorganized and incompetent management and out-of-touch company.

Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bare Escentuals part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Gratis. Always receiving new products and the discount is great. Very upbeat and energetic setting. The customers are amazing (you have a few bad apples.) You get to play in makeup all day. Definitely room to advance in the company if you put in the work.

Cons

Micromanagement!! Every little detail is overseen, and not in a good way. This company spends so much time on the little petty things (like clocking in exactly on the minute) that they miss out on a lot of the bigger issues.The company is all about numbers. Incompetent and underqualified management is a big problem, but an even bigger problem is when complaints are made very little if anything is done. They drag out issues until someone gets fed up and just quits, and then they move on as if nothing happened.

When there are several complaints about management, from several different people, something needs to be done. I know a lot of your ideas sound good in board meetings, but on the actual selling floor they're quite the opposite. Stop giving direction from way up, come spend a day in an actual boutique and see what it takes to efficiently run the store, and go from there.

Great at store level except for upper corporate management.

Former Employee - General Manager in Kenosha, WI
    Former Employee - General Manager in Kenosha, WI

I worked at Bare Escentuals full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Their makeup is great but do not care for their skincare line.

Cons

Corporate management is very bias

There are newer employer reviews for Bare Escentuals