Great environment and great people

Current Employee - Key Holder
Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at Bare Escentuals part-time for more than a year

Pros

It becomes like a close knit family, I look forward to going into work. They also have a great gratis program.....

Cons

The ways of doing stuff always changes but it is usually for the best...I truly enjoy my job!

Other Reviews for Bare Escentuals

Great at store level except for upper corporate management.

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Kenosha, WI
    Former Employee - General Manager in Kenosha, WI

I worked at Bare Escentuals full-time for more than a year

Pros

Their makeup is great but do not care for their skincare line.

Cons

Corporate management is very bias

This could be a great job. COULD.

Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador
    Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador

I have been working at Bare Escentuals part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay for retail
    Excellent discount
    Nice product
    Gratis
    The clientele, sometimes. It's really nice when you actually make a difference in a woman's day.

Cons

First of all, this is a company full of women so there is going to be a lot of two-facedness and cattiness. Sorry ladies, someone has to say it. (Yes, I'm a woman)

Management is THE number 1 issue in this company - from the boutique level to the regional level. Management in this company is a serious issue. Every boutique manager is absolutely terrified of their district manager who is in turn terrified of their regional manager, and I'm sure it goes right along the line. There is absolutely no job security here. You never know when you go to work if you'll be fired for something ridiculous.

Shady managers - they'll change your sales goal if you are doing well that day.

Can we say favoritism? I have personally seen managers favor employees who do better than others with their numbers, while they have those good numbers. I have personally seen managers single out employees who contradict them or threaten them in some ridiculous way. I have personally seen managers bully key-holders until they 1) stop producing the numbers they want and are systematically demoted or fired 2) end up quitting because they can't handle the stress.

Can we say unorganized? Managers [ease learn how to make a schedule. Why do you bother asking for availability when you just ignore it? Also, please stop it with the 3 hour shifts. Such a waste of time.

Can we say contradicting? From boutique level management that makes up rules as they go to try to "control" the employees, (never mind we all have employee handbooks on site and don't you dare try to show your manager where they are wrong), to corporate level big-wigs contradicting their every statement. You're pushed and pushed and pushed to sell the product and make your sales, all the while you are screwed over by the mother ship with their coupons and free product with no purchase necessary every other week. And all of this goes against each employees numbers.

There is NO work-life balance. You are expected to give your entire life to this company. Got a sick kid? Tough. Got a case of the flu so you got a doctor's note? Ha! They don't take doctor's notes. Car breaks down? Better find yourself a ride to work or better yet, walk your butt there. This job is not for single mothers or people who put family first. It is company first, or you get nowhere and/or fired for nothing. I've seen it happen.

Absolutely unrealistic sales goals (that have goals within that goal) that can get you FIRED if you don't make.

This company needs an overhaul of their regional, district and boutique level managers. Management, please realize that your employees are not just product-pushing-number-making-machines, they are people.

Think about reinstating the grace period, especially around the holidays.

Stop sending out coupons that require no minimum purchase or free products with no minimum purchase.

Also, we are not the cult of Leslie Blodgett. She seems like a cool lady, but she's just that - a lady. Not a demi-god! So please management! Calm down about her.

There are newer employer reviews for Bare Escentuals.

Worked for Bare Escentuals? Contribute to the Community!