Great environment and great people

Current Employee - Key Holder
Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at Bare Escentuals part-time for more than a year

Pros

It becomes like a close knit family, I look forward to going into work. They also have a great gratis program.....

Cons

The ways of doing stuff always changes but it is usually for the best...I truly enjoy my job!

Other Reviews for Bare Escentuals

Painful!

Current Employee - Business Manager  in  Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Bare Escentuals full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is absolutely nothing positive that I can say about my experience with this company! Worst company I've ever worked for!

Cons

Utterly the worse company to work for! The company itself does not care about it's people at all! the human resources department is not there to look out for the best interest of the employees, they are put in place to protect the company and could care less about the well being of the employees. I currently work for the company and have experienced frustrations with the way upper management and corporate deal with complaints. Changes have been made within the company and the way they dealt with it and expressed to the employees about the changes was atrocious; they waited until the changes were put into effect to tell us about it, and refuse to contact/reply to us to speak about it! I have worked for "not so great" companies before and this is by far the worse yet. If you are considering employment with this company, save yourself the frustration and the headache, turn it down, and look for a real job and a company that prides itself in employee satisfaction and growth!

Maybe they should start to care about their employees input and realize that employees can make or break a business. They are who the clients/ customers deal with on a day to day basis. Changes need to be handled with a little more consideration to the people affected by it! After this whole ordeal, I will never recommend this product line to anyone and they have now lost a whole clientele base in the NY region due to this! My friends, family, my loyal clients, and myself will never again buy another product by Bare Minerals!

Great product but horrible management

Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Bare Escentuals part-time

Pros

Loving the product and learning even more about it, interacting with clients who share the same passion for Bare Minerals, AWESOME discount and great under management staff. I love making people feel great about themselves and educating them on a product that I, 150%, believe in.

Cons

Upper management. Seems to be the common trend across the country with this company. Their strict rules on attendance (recently changed to no grace period.. not even a minute!) makes it impossible to love going to your job. You can't call in sick, you can't get any leeway on situations that are out of your control (car accidents, traffic, the mandatory shuttle bus ride during holidays-for malls), you can't be human. They focus so much on discipline on the small things and not enough praise or recognition for good work.

Definitely favoritism is a HUGE thing with upper management. As well as lack of actual management training for those who are in the position. I was a manager of 40+ employees before going to work at the Bare Minerals boutique and the managers there can barely handle and figure out how to appropriately manage less than 10 employees.

Stop with the favoritism and the retaliation towards those employees under you. Realize there is a fine line between the rules and a little bit of human compassion.

There are newer employer reviews for Bare Escentuals.

Worked for Bare Escentuals? Contribute to the Community!