There are newer employer reviews for Bare Escentuals

A fun job that is a good jumping off point

Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Chesterfield, MO
Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Chesterfield, MO

I worked at Bare Escentuals part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, LOTS of gratis, fun training, Good place to work.

Cons

Very gossipy, Sometimes can focus to much on sale and not as much on customer.

Advice to Management

Don't be so gossipy. When your first hired we are told that If you get caught gossiping about someone you will lose your job.... But once I started working more often I realized that was a very forgotten rule. The biggest gossipers there were my managers

Other Employee Reviews for Bare Escentuals

Great products, wonderful customers, but unorganized and incompetent management and out-of-touch company.

Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bare Escentuals part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gratis. Always receiving new products and the discount is great. Very upbeat and energetic setting. The customers are amazing (you have a few bad apples.) You get to play in makeup all day. Definitely room to advance in the company if you put in the work.

Cons

Micromanagement!! Every little detail is overseen, and not in a good way. This company spends so much time on the little petty things (like clocking in exactly on the minute) that they miss out on a lot of the bigger issues.The company is all about numbers. Incompetent and underqualified management is a big problem, but an even bigger problem is when complaints are made very little if anything is done. They drag out issues until someone gets fed up and just quits, and then they move on as if nothing happened.

Advice to Management

When there are several complaints about management, from several different people, something needs to be done. I know a lot of your ideas sound good in board meetings, but on the actual selling floor they're quite the opposite. Stop giving direction from way up, come spend a day in an actual boutique and see what it takes to efficiently run the store, and go from there.

poor communication from headquarters to retail stores

Former Employee - Buniness/Boutique Manager in Friendswood, TX
    Former Employee - Buniness/Boutique Manager in Friendswood, TX

I worked at Bare Escentuals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

cosmetic retail environment - easy and enjoyable interactions with your client base

Cons

the company was sold to shisiedo, to stop the bleeding they did a series of layoffs

Advice to Management

properly analysis of reviews could have salvaged really great brand representatives, rather than the bitter and disgruntled team members