Management is lousy

Former Employee - Key Holder  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Key Holder in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bare Escentuals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some great co-workers, great clients. Excellent training. Decent gratis.

Cons

Low pay, constant changes in the schedule. Constant changes in management, usually for the worse. Relentless pressure to make sales quotas, items-per transactions quotas, average purchase quotas.

They wanted us to do high-pressure sales, which the cliental hated. The lighting was genuinely lousy so color-matching was difficult. But it was mostly the micro-managing that genuinely did not work. It focused so much on continuous pressure, that a great job became a lousy one.

If you hire competent people, and pay them a decent wage, you will not have to micromanage. It takes away the sincerity of the person trying to help your client, and the client feels it.

Other Reviews for Bare Escentuals

Great People to Work With

Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Beauty Ambassador in New York, NY

I have been working at Bare Escentuals part-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved coming to work because of my co-workers. My bosses felt like my friends versus management. And even with the friendly levels, we still followed protocol and got our work done.

Cons

The higher ups in San Francisco were horrible about doling out the right information to their global stores. It was frustrating having to always read between the lines.

Get your directives in order. Double check to make sure graphics are labled properly. Send out communications in a timely fashion. CERTIFY YOUR MAKEUP ARTISTS! DON'T JUST HIRE ANYONE OFF THE STREET LOOKING FOR A JOB!

Good Company to work for

Former Employee - Key Holder  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Bare Escentuals part-time for more than a year

Pros

good pay, great incentives..fun environment.

Cons

Only the store manager and the assistant manager are considered full time...key holders get no PTO, and only supplemental insurance coverage. it also takes a long time to move up in the company.

all members of management should get PTO a lot of the time the key holders are on the floor more than the store manager and assistant managers, they deserve paid time off..

There are newer employer reviews for Bare Escentuals.

Worked for Bare Escentuals? Contribute to the Community!