Bare International

www.bareinternational.com
  www.bareinternational.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bare International

A little fish can make a BIG splash here!

Current Employee - Would Prefer to Keep This Anonymous in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Would Prefer to Keep This Anonymous in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Bare International

Pros

Bare offers the individual a unique opportunity to make an impact on management decisions and the bottom line. Management respects the feedback of employees and actively seeks out employee opinions and ideas. "Promotion from within" is common. Management is also very respectful of work/life balance and offers flexible scheduling options to employees who have proven their work ethic and commitment.

Cons

Anyone who needs a lot of hand-holding will not succeed in this environment because managers and coworkers all have very full workloads. Though new employees get on the job training on the company's special software packages, they need to already have strong computer skills otherwise. There is no time for remedial training.

N/A - I am personally very satisfied working at BARE.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Bare International (View Most Recent)

Dissatisfied with Mystery Shopping with Bare International

Former Employee - Independent Mystery SHopper
    Former Employee - Independent Mystery SHopper

I worked at Bare International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I sent an email to the CEO and he said that he contacted the scheduler and her boss to rectify this situation but I never heard back from anyone and that has been several months ago!

Cons

First of all, they do not have many assignments in my area. I had performed a few shops for them and never a problem and then got a dishonest scheduler that lowered my rating. I had accepted an assignment with them and was given the wrong log in info. So I cancelled the shop & the scheduler lowered my rating. Although, I do not really get hung up on ratings. Although, I'm signed up with over forty different mystery shopping companies and my ratings have always been a 9 or 10. I'm very seriously thinking about deactivating my account with them! Sorry, but I won't miss them!

Hire more honest schedulers. Handle complaints more efficiently.

Editor- Good Supplemental Job

Former Employee - Copy Editor
    Former Employee - Copy Editor

I worked at Bare International as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

As an editor ( contract position) I had a Flexible schedule, the ability to accept or reject projects, and I worked remotely from my home computer.

Cons

Pay was LOW, but willing to accept it because of the flexibility. Deadlines were often tight and unpredictable. Each project had a different schedule and you really didn't know what you were getting yourself into until you accepted a project. Usually we would know what the deadline was ahead of time ( same each day) but the daily assignment was unpredictable in that it often came at different times of day and the assignments varied in length. So some days I would receive an assignment at 8 am and it would be 2 hours worth f work due at 8 am the next day. some days I would receive an assignment at 12 noon and was expected to have it done at 6PM, and it was 4 hours worth of work! Hard to manage when home with two small children. Would have been easier to know what to expect a little bit further in advance so that I could plan accordingly.

Better communications about project schedules and details would be really helpful for those working in this role.

There are newer employer reviews for Bare International