Good place to be working

I have been working at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores

Pros

It fun, exciting, challenging at times to get everything done that is expected but once you learn it, it becomes much easier to handle

Cons

None that I can think of...I wish I could think of something to put in this box, but I cannot so I am out of words for cons now

Other Reviews for Barnes & Noble College Bookstores

A good company to work for long term

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people from booksellers to president, Great benefits at a reasonable price. Excellent philosophy of moving talented managers/booksellers up within the company. Company cultures and values are top notch.

Cons

Pay could be better outside NYC/NJ. Following the typical retail trend of "do more with less payroll".

Re-eval pay scales, Have decision makers spend a cycle in the stores- not a day, not a week, a full textbook cycle. Institute comp time for your salaried employees.

Good company - old systems

I have been working at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great group of people to work for in Operational Finance group (Inventory Control, A/P, A/R, Sales Audit). Benefits are decent with 100% match in 401K up to 4% of your pay. Company isn't too top heavy with good organizationl structure. Culture is a little stiff but overall a good place to work.

Cons

Company uses an AS400 platform, Peoplesoft, Infor PM/Office Plus. AS400 is very antiquated and frustrating to use for data analysis. Company offers very little in way of tuition assistance (not even enough to pay for 1 class at a 4 year institution)

There are newer employer reviews for Barnes & Noble College Bookstores.

Worked for Barnes & Noble College Bookstores? Contribute to the Community!