Barnes & Noble
www.barnesandnoble.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Good Company but so much drama

Barista (Current Employee)

ProsThey are willing to let you have off for personal days and are very good at working around your other schedules.

ConsLots of drama. Give promotions to undeserving people. Would rather give a promotion to someone in the in crowd or someone that has no idea what they're doing rather then give it to someone who has been there awhile.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say to make sure your managers are doing what they're supposed to and not making things look like they're supposed to always look only when you are coming in to the store.

Nice employees and mgmt (for the most part), flexible hours, bad pay

I have been working at Barnes & Noble

Pros: - Friendliest team of coworkers and management I've ever worked with - Engaging work,… Cons: - Head manager is relatively new to the store, but already is somewhat abusive to employees and customers, isn't knowledgeable, and pressures us to sell… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to who is chosen for management and… More

Barnes & Noble requires you to be able to work in a variety of parts of the store but still pays minimum wage.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Barnes & Noble

Pros: As retail jobs go, Barnes & Noble isn't that bad. You… Cons: The employee discount takes off less than just buying the book online, and it only works at list price. As a part time employee I… Advice to Senior Management: Let employees eat expired cafe items. It's so wasteful and frustrating to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Barnes & Noble.

Worked for Barnes & Noble? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barnes & Noble reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Barnes & Noble CEO Michael Huseby. All reviews posted anonymously by Barnes & Noble employees.