Barnes & Noble
www.barnesandnoble.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Room To Grow

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible, challenging, exciting place to work. Expand your horizons and make your way with the largest bookstore in America. You can grow at your own pace and be just what you want to be here.

ConsAlthough there are many jobs and places to go the company is not expanding as fast as it once was. There is not as many upper management placements as there are people.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore automation.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Would not recommend.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Barnes & Noble full-time

Pros: I loved my job... it was creative and fun. … Cons: The company retains management that have no people skills as long as they bring in the numbers rather than try and keep valuable employees. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Supportive environment where friends are made.

I have been working at Barnes & Noble full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Over-all company culture recognizes the importance of family. Flexible schedule and… Cons: Communication within company is not always the best. Struggles of the book business and brick… Advice to Senior Management: Corporate versus stores disconnect should be improved. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Barnes & Noble.

Worked for Barnes & Noble? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barnes & Noble reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Barnes & Noble CEO Michael Huseby. All reviews posted anonymously by Barnes & Noble employees.