Barnes & Noble
www.barnesandnoble.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great product

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAs a book lover, I enjoyed working for a company who contributed to their local community and encouraged reading for all ages. B&N also embraces individuality and diversity which brought a great balance to the work environment.

ConsI wish the salary had been higher and that there was better training. People need to be taught about what great customer service looks like. B&N should take the time to do so.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher salaries afford you a higher level of talent. Take the time to find truly dedicated people who want to be there.

College part time bookseller

Bookseller (Former Employee)

I worked at Barnes & Noble part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: easy going laid back job, good for me while I… Cons: Managers that have suspect managing experience / weird corporate policies. Advice to Senior Management: Quit hiring weird people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Minimal Pay, Minimal Hours, Minimal Respect

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Barnes & Noble part-time for less than a year

Pros: 35% discount on purchases, flexible hours, there are some fun… Cons: Management borders on tyrannical about theft but only internal theft leaving customers to take… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Barnes & Noble.

Worked for Barnes & Noble? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barnes & Noble reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Barnes & Noble CEO Michael Huseby. All reviews posted anonymously by Barnes & Noble employees.