Stocker

Current Employee - Stocker  in  Roseville, MN
Current Employee - Stocker in Roseville, MN

I have been working at Barnes & Noble full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly staff to work with

Cons

Job is unfullfilling and can be boring.

Push Nook more

Other Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Ok for high school students

I worked at Barnes & Noble

Pros

-Nice environment ( I guess this depends on your location). For me, it was always a bunch of AP/Honors high school students and college students studying.
    - At the time I got 50% off cafe food (in store "starbucks," not all B&N may have this).

Cons

-A lot of work for the pay if it is one of your first jobs. You will get minimum wage and will have to take care of a very large area. It's not even the work during store hours that is annoying; it's closing.
    -If you aren't working in the cafe, you have to return all books to their proper sections and make sure the decorations/furniture are in order.
    -If you work in the cafe it's like closing a starbucks but worse. There is a much larger sitting area to clean, and a lot more dishes to wash because of the policy of B&N cafe (every single plate has to be washed every night).

Going Downhill

Current Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Barnes & Noble full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the employees are good people...mostly mid to lower level employees. Good quality and character based people.
    If you are at the end of your career or just starting off and need experience then this would be a good place of employment

Cons

1. Managers and leaders are promoted into their position based off tenure only...skillset and ability to do the role are not a factor
    2. Unethical decisions around people are made
    3. HR not value add..the function is a joke

Start fresh- get new leaders that can drive grow with the business and empower their employees. Make equal and quality decisions for all employees

There are newer employer reviews for Barnes & Noble.

Worked for Barnes & Noble? Contribute to the Community!