Barnes & Noble
www.barnesandnoble.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Really Excellent Company

Supervisor (Former Employee)
Sacramento, CA

ProsIf you have to work retail, Barnes and Noble is one of the good guys. They are pretty responsible and fair with employees, set clear rules, hire solid management, sell a great product. Nicer than average customer base.

ConsRetail is retail. Typical retail crummy pay at the "bookseller" level. The outlook for retail booksellers not so hot, so as stores begin closing promotions will be hard to come by.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to go smaller!

Cafe

Cafe Server (Former Employee)
    Destin, FL

I worked at Barnes & Noble full-time for more than a year

Pros: Enjoyable and good, flexible management Cons: very corporate, which gives the workplace a stuffy atmosphere Advice to Senior Management: be more personable with staff Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Best place to work at!

I have been working at Barnes & Noble

Pros: You get to work with books! Best co-workers! Everyone is friendly! Cons: The only problem is that they dont pay well More
There are newer reviews on Barnes & Noble.

Worked for Barnes & Noble? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barnes & Noble reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Barnes & Noble CEO Michael Huseby. All reviews posted anonymously by Barnes & Noble employees.