Great company who treats their employees well

Current Employee - Bookseller  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Bookseller in New York, NY

I have been working at Barnes & Noble full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you're willing to work hard and interact with customers with your book knowledge then this is the place for you. Also, you meet with a lot of regulars who may get to know you by name or face. I personally have seen and interacted with quite a few people outside of the bookstore.

Cons

You may deal with the occasional rude customer but most people come in knowing what they want and usually know where to get it- so I guess there are no real cons.

Other Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Amazing company!

Former Employee - Bookseller  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Bookseller in Dallas, TX

I worked at Barnes & Noble part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great staff.
    Friendly managers.
    Generally awesome co workers.

I loved working for B&N and would happily go back. My managers were across the board very friendly and helpful. Even the hard days I enjoyed because i knew that my managers would help me out if I needed to. I worked at one of the nicest B&N's I've ever seen, and it was such a blast to get to meet so many different people. B&N really cares about the culture of the place too, hiring people who work well together, a true team and I loved that.

Cons

Not many full time positions available, and bookstores seem to bring out some of the crazy people.

I really wish they would do more full time positions outside of the Leads. I get why, in this economy, but it's still sad that there are so few opportunities.

Offer more full time positions!

nice place to work

Current Employee - Merchandising Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandising Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Barnes & Noble full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

book loan program, employee discount, 50% off cafe items, casual work attire,

Cons

new employees brought in make considerably more money than employees who have been there for several years.

There are newer employer reviews for Barnes & Noble.

Worked for Barnes & Noble? Contribute to the Community!