Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center

Typical High Volume Low Pay Employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center

Pros

The employee benefits are fairly decent and work hours are not too intrusive on family life. Overtime is discouraged so being overworked is not a usual problem.

Cons

There is a definite hierarchy of preferred employees who really should not be given so much power and praise. Getting ahead in the company is extremely difficult due to the inner circle of select people whose opinions carry way too much weight with upper management. Personal dislikes are carried into business, preventing promotions and personal growth.

Advice to Management

Please look outside of the inner circle of preferred employees to gain objectivity. When people work somewhere too long, they become set in bad habits and attitudes that need to be adjusted, or it prevents good employees from growing in the company. There is alot of great talent at the company that is not utilized because a few people prevent it due to their personal insecurities.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Bargain Basement

Former Employee - Coordinator/Scheduler in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Coordinator/Scheduler in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center

Pros

If you are pretty or seem like you can make them money they will hire you. They want smart enthusiastic people!

Cons

If you are smart, personable or enthusiastic you will be nit picked until you quit or they find a way to fire you. They will not do everything they SAY they will do with or for you. Thats just to get you in the door.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth. Reward good work and dedication, stop babysitting and coddling a select few...dont you realize THEY are the reason you have such high turn over? People leave managers, not companies...

2. I appreciated my great benefits and my pay was good, but there was preferential treatment and poor communication.

I worked at Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center

Pros

I appreciated the free medical benefits and decent hourly wage. I was grateful to have learned a lot when I worked there.

Cons

No feedback unless it's negative Preferential treatment toward certain employees The doctors were condescending toward staff Last minute schedule changes

Advice to Management

I would recommend the site managers/team leaders to give better feedback toward employees and to be more careful about equal treatment among staff.