Barr-Nunn Transportation
www.barr-nunn.com Granger, IA 500 to 999 Employees

This company will let you get home on a weekly basis. They will pay more if you are willing to stay out for 13-14 days.

Class A Cdl Truck Driver (Current Employee)
Obetz, OH

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company is on high alert about safety. They are paying for your safe driving record with 90 day bonuses. They pay extra per mile for haz-mat loads. They are paying .050 cpm for driving in Ohio and home on weekends. The trucks have really improved recently International ProStars and Freightliner Cascadias. Many new trailers added to the mix.

ConsThey don't pay for baby sitting equipment that needs repaired. They want the drivers to take the trailers to a TA or Petro for DOT inspections for free. They don't pay for motels on your 34 hour restart. The trucks don't have invertors in them. Many of the trucks don't have IPO either. They need to solve their trailer maintenance issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am "Ready to Roll."

Not horrible but definitely dissapointing.

OTR Driver (Former Employee)
Granger, IA

I worked at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very good bonus structure if you can last long enough to… Cons: Barr-Nunn delights in making drivers sit for days on end especially on weekends. The equipment is bare bones without APU's or inverters (unless you… Advice to Senior Management: You have some really great drivers. If you want to keep them then… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Barr Nunn Is a sto company that will lure you in to work for them and you not make any money they will park at a truck

Truck Driver (Former Employee)
Norfolk, VA

I worked at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros: There is no good reason to work for Barr Nunn.… Cons: Park at a truck stop most of my stay No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Barr-Nunn Transportation.

Worked for Barr-Nunn Transportation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barr-Nunn Transportation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Barr-Nunn Transportation CEO Rene Beacom. All reviews posted anonymously by Barr-Nunn Transportation employees.