After Nearly Three Years, I Still Love Working at Barracuda Networks

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Campbell, CA
Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Barracuda Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Barracuda Networks for almost three years. There are good things about working here and there are bad things about working here and I wanted to be honest about both. Before I go into the good and bad aspects, I wanted to tell you a bit about my experience at Barracuda Networks. My background was not in networking but I did have a little experience with Linux. I had been out of work for nine months, and I was going crazy since for the first time in 11 years I was unemployed, and applied with Barracuda Networks for another position. While I bombed on the interview for the position I applied for, the hiring manager for the Technical Support department decided to give me a chance as a support representative. The great thing about working for the Technical Support department is that there is a defined career path and if you work hard, you can advance quickly. To put it into perspective, I was promoted from Tier 1A to Tier 1B after 2 months, and 10 months later I was salaried. Not bad for someone who walked into the job with virtually no networking experience; I did have a very steep learning curve but I worked hard. The opportunities to advance are available to those who do their job.

Now for my pros and cons list (so you know what you are getting into):

- The Technical Support department has a great new hire training program!!!
- The team pods are usually very friendly and most people become good friends
- The work is challenging and no day is the same
- The defined career path is outlined very well and allows for promotion opportunities
- The company is stable and the jobs are not going away any time soon
- Great catered lunch and dinner

Cons

- Starting pay is low – this improves with hard work and promotions
- VP can be demanding…… Ok, now let me caveat that statement…. The VP is probably the easiest guy to work for. He is fair but has expectations, and as long as you are meeting those expectations he will take care of you. If you don’t do your job, he will not be happy with you, just like any other boss. The people I see on here complaining are probably the same people who would complain at any other job, except for unemployment (then they might complain that they have to fill out the EDD for every two weeks – “Gosh”).

I am very thankful to work at Barracuda Networks and the opportunities the company has afforded me. It is nice to work at a place where I look forward to coming to work and enjoy the challenges of the day.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

reviews filtered by

Unprofessional environment

Former Employee - Renewals Specialist in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Renewals Specialist in Campbell, CA

I worked at Barracuda Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interview process is simple and easy to get hired. You don't need much experience and there are lots of free alcohol if that's what you are into.

Cons

The atmosphere is very sophomoric where people care more about your personal business than doing their job. Extremely clique-y and lots of gossip. Management plays favorites and speaks to employees horribly. Lots of micro managing and hardly any positive reinforcement. Horrible pay,

Advice to Management

Hire people who are qualified to do the job rather than based on their looks or because they might fit in. Treat them with respect and not like children.

For the first time in my professional career, I have found a company I enjoy going to.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Barracuda Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing talent, fun work environment, ability to develop processes and implement, knowing you have a team to work with and a management team that will actually treat you as an equal not someone below themselves. A start-up atmosphere for a company with over 150,000 customers!

Free lunch and drinks don't hurt either!

Cons

Parking is not the best but if you get in before 8am you dont have a problem. I personally have viewed no parking as a good sign though, the company has definitely grown in my tenure.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do!