Barracuda Networks

There are newer employer reviews for Barracuda Networks

After Nearly Three Years, I Still Love Working at Barracuda Networks

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Campbell, CA
Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Barracuda Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been with Barracuda Networks for almost three years. There are good things about working here and there are bad things about working here and I wanted to be honest about both. Before I go into the good and bad aspects, I wanted to tell you a bit about my experience at Barracuda Networks. My background was not in networking but I did have a little experience with Linux. I had been out of work for nine months, and I was going crazy since for the first time in 11 years I was unemployed, and applied with Barracuda Networks for another position. While I bombed on the interview for the position I applied for, the hiring manager for the Technical Support department decided to give me a chance as a support representative. The great thing about working for the Technical Support department is that there is a defined career path and if you work hard, you can advance quickly. To put it into perspective, I was promoted from Tier 1A to Tier 1B after 2 months, and 10 months later I was salaried. Not bad for someone who walked into the job with virtually no networking experience; I did have a very steep learning curve but I worked hard. The opportunities to advance are available to those who do their job.

Now for my pros and cons list (so you know what you are getting into):

- The Technical Support department has a great new hire training program!!!
- The team pods are usually very friendly and most people become good friends
- The work is challenging and no day is the same
- The defined career path is outlined very well and allows for promotion opportunities
- The company is stable and the jobs are not going away any time soon
- Great catered lunch and dinner

Cons

- Starting pay is low – this improves with hard work and promotions
- VP can be demanding…… Ok, now let me caveat that statement…. The VP is probably the easiest guy to work for. He is fair but has expectations, and as long as you are meeting those expectations he will take care of you. If you don’t do your job, he will not be happy with you, just like any other boss. The people I see on here complaining are probably the same people who would complain at any other job, except for unemployment (then they might complain that they have to fill out the EDD for every two weeks – “Gosh”).

I am very thankful to work at Barracuda Networks and the opportunities the company has afforded me. It is nice to work at a place where I look forward to coming to work and enjoy the challenges of the day.

Keep it up!!

140 Other Employee Reviews for Barracuda Networks (View Most Recent)

Great work experience. however many promises for advancement that never come through

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Campbell, CA

I worked at Barracuda Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great experience, great people, the knowledge you gain is insurmountable to many other places. Many employe functions and perks.

Cons

Horrible Management, high turn over rate for support guys. You are promised many things but never get them. Very little benefits unless you are on salary.

Follow through on what you say you are going to do.

Great people and atmosphere

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Barracuda Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun to work at, good people, free food

Cons

Low pay, bad benefits, nowhere to move up, a lot of turnover

More pay, better management