Barracuda Networks

www.barracudanetworks.com
  www.barracudanetworks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Barracuda Networks

great company to work for - enjoyable & exciting atmosphere - fantastic products & solutions

I have been working at Barracuda Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most employees at Barracuda Networks really do enjoy working there & it's unfortunate that many of these reviews are not indicative of the true level of satisfaction. Do more than is expected, have a good attitude, ask for help when needed, work a little harder and it will pay off.

- Barracuda Networks is growing & rapidly succeeding
- Great products, support and reputation
- Hard-working & motivated co-workers
- Creativity is encouraged
- Honesty of upper management: plans for the future, expectations, areas to improve, etc.

Cons

- Micro-managing occasionally occurs in some areas
- Lack of unity within the company

Give recognition to those who work hard but don't get much praise. It goes a long way.

131 Other Employee Reviews for Barracuda Networks (View Most Recent)

Technical Support

Current Employee - Technical Support  in  Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Barracuda Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-If you want to learn linux platform and have no experience this is the perfect place
    -Free Food and Soda
    - 25 cent candy machine

Cons

- no 401k match
    - no profit sharing
    -slim to none career path
    -low pay
    - no stock option
    - Consistantly put away fires for the company and management does not value you. Your just a
     number and they can hire 10 more to replace you.

Technical Support are not valued even though Technical Support generate revenue for the company through EU. Stop making promises to new employee about career path when management(VP)trying to keep you from growing. Only 3 tech have moved up to SE positions
    in the last 3-4 years been there

Dysfunctional Company Overall. Unprofessional Environment - Don't believe the hype

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Campbell, CA

I worked at Barracuda Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free lunches. Ample supply of Alcohol ongoing. Fraternity House atmosphere (if your into that) They do throw a good party! However, this is where the Productive accolades begin to taper off.

I will say though that they've somehow managed to acquire some decent technology over the years? - Phion, NetContinuum, PureWire - but they've not handled these acquisitions well and their best Engineering talent bolts for the door at the earliest opportunity. They then proceed to re-engineer the great products they've acquired so that they fit into their SMB sales model? Quite sad for a Silicon Valley based Company professing to be a technology leader in their industry and trying to compete with other companies for Enterprise business.

Cons

Disingenuous, self-serving management who provide little direction to employees ongoing. They are constantly trying out new approaches to to fix inefficiencies only to see their approach fail for lack of forethought and/or operational discipline. This creates a work environment that is chaotic and confused. Very much a 'boiler room' mentality that is unproductive. Morale is low overall. How they can profess to be a successful company on a path to IPO is beyond me. Their high employee turnover rates tell the true story - and for good reason. You can imagine how customers must feel! Hopefully their new CEO can turn the existing culture around and prevent the ship from running aground- he definitely has his work cut out for him.

Seriously, if your looking to take a role here - think hard about it, and then think about it again. There are many great, well run companies in the Valley that would appreciate having you (and they will compensate you better) - this isn't one of them. I don't write reviews very often but I felt compelled to do so here based on my experience. Hopefully it provides an additional data point for you to make an informed decision. I'm glad I'm out and working at a much better company here in the Valley now!

Good luck. The only reason I gave two stars here is b/c I feel for the employees that are still working there - many I still consider friends. Churn & Burn management techniques are an antiquated approach. There are no awards for growing the largest startup in the Valley. Repack your chute b/c it may not open for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Barracuda Networks

Worked for Barracuda Networks? Contribute to the Community!