Barracuda Networks
www.barracudanetworks.com Campbell, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Grass isn't always greener....

Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee)
Campbell, CA

ProsI worked for Barracuda for around 3 years, and I miss it! I got laid off in 2009 and I was without work for about a year before Barracuda hired me. I wasn’t an ideal candidate because of my limited networking experience; after my first interview didn’t go so well, they offered me a chance to study and come back. They even provided me a study guide of material to review. I don’t remember exactly what was on the study guide but it was a lot of Linux and networking stuff. I studied my a$$ off, came back, passed the test, and got the job. It was really hard at first, I had to study a lot at home, but I learned how to support 3 products and eventually made Tier III. Well, you know they say that the grass is always greener…. I learned that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side….. The hours and work load of the job I left Barracuda for were crazy; I love how I never had to do overtime at Barracuda. Due to restructuring, I was laid off from my most recent job and I haven’t found work yet. I just reapplied to Barracuda again and I hope that they will bring me back onboard. Hopefully they will read this and see my resume come through , fingers crossed! I have read a lot of the reviews on here; some of the reviews are valid and others are BS. The people there are good folks and I learned a lot there!

ConsOk, here are some of the things that I didn’t like but don’t mind:
1) The starting pay is low. It got better when I made Tier II, then Tier III.
2) The call volume can be a bit intense but it makes the day go by quick and it definitely isn’t boring.
3) Parking sucks! There were times that I had to park across the street or down the road. I have heard that the department recently moved to a new building and the parking isn’t bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should take a second chance on former employees!

AS

OK company with some issues but improving

(Current Employee)
    Campbell, CA

I have been working at Barracuda Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Great peers and a good place to use as a stepping… Cons: - It can be very political on certain teams - Customer or partner feedback… Advice to Senior Management: - Hire people with relevant experience - Listen to your customers/partners -… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Ocasional challenges, but overall a good place to work hard, and gain alot of experience.

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Barracuda Networks full-time

Pros: "Laid-back" atmosphere. Open-door and approachable senior staff. Wide variety of tech and lots of stuff to… Cons: Hard work and self-marketing a must to advance. Benefits behind Fortune… Advice to Senior Management: Right direction overall, but don't be afraid to break a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Barracuda Networks.

Worked for Barracuda Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barracuda Networks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Barracuda Networks CEO William . All reviews posted anonymously by Barracuda Networks employees.