Barrick Gold

www.barrick.com
  www.barrick.com
There are newer employer reviews for Barrick Gold

Dissatisfied at Barrick

Current Employee - Middle Level Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Middle Level Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Barrick Gold

Pros

Gold mining is currently a high growth industry and all gold minin companies are enjoying tremendous growth. Barrick is also growingby leaps and bounds and is hiring large numbers of people. With high turnover especially for staff with mining expertise, the compensation levels are improving significantly.

Cons

You need to have a very thick skin to work for an employer who pollutes the earth as part of it's core business and is hated by all environmentalists and locals where it has it's mines. It is a cyclical industry with sharp upturns and downturns.

Learn to promote from within and stop ignoring employees who are not well connected.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Barrick Gold (View Most Recent)

Barrick is a great company to work for and they work really hard to their employees safe.

I have been working at Barrick Gold

Pros

Good benefits and safe company in a dangerous industry. The employees are great to work with and create a great team environment.

Cons

Driving to the various mine sites throughout the area can take a long time. Housing and rent can be expensive living in some of the areas.

Try to keep the health benefits as good as possible.

Intern

I worked at Barrick Gold as an intern

Pros

Great people in Operations, Tech Services, Maintenance, awesome pay for interns, and free housing. Truly a wonderful learning opportunity; I was able to spend time learning from every department on site.

The focus on safety may seem constraining at first, but "Everyone going home safe and healthy every day" is worth it.

Cons

The only con's I can think of would be the early wakeup time since I'm not a morning person, but the pay and opportunities to learn and grow outweigh that by miles.

Look within for areas of improvement. Current employees are knowledgeable.

There are newer employer reviews for Barrick Gold