There are newer employer reviews for Barton Associates

Hard work, Rewarding Career, Great place to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peabody, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peabody, MA

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Recession proof industry. Strong training program that is constantly being improved upon. Dramatic company growth, which will provide employees with great career opportunities as additional offices are planning on opening every year moving forward. Great work envionment, and place to work. You are pushed to succeed, because there is a lot of money to be made. The managment team for the most part is personally vested in their employees overall growth and success. Strong benefits programs. Culture and moral are a strong suit as well, as there are referral contests, and rewards for top performers on a monthly/yearly basis.

Cons

The hours can be long (7-5), however there is an hour lunch 12-1 and there is training from 7-8 every morning. The training can be tedious at times, which is why there are constant improvements being made. Demanding work, it is not for everybody. Naturally there is turnover, but this is a sales job. 6 month "associate" run before earning commissions is too long.

Continue to invest in technology, and in your employees. Identify solid processes, and improve communication within, and between all office locations.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Barton Associates (View Most Recent)

Hard work but can grow a career

Current Employee - Recruiting in Peabody, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiting in Peabody, MA

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Industry is very strong.They stress a training and promote from within culture. The people are great. Potential of new offices opening and younger culture are reasons why I joined.

Cons

Things are growing quickly so processes change often. Lots of ups and downs like any job but you can make a career and grow with the company. Hours can be long, but you can go into leadership roles quickly.

Build processes and communicate them to avoid confusion. Flexibility in the hours would be nice.

Working for this company has turned my life around!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Peabody, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Peabody, MA

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Top-notch management with exceptional experience, daily training, unbelievable industry to work in, long-term growth and individual profits, recognition for hard-work, held to high standards and excellent, goal-driven, high earning potential.

I read some of these other reviews and it actually made me laugh. Obviously, if you can't sell, a sales company will be driving you for higher sales! Duh. Sales is sales and you have to be making the company money and in return, you make money. It's pretty simple and basic. It is peculiar to me when people think otherwise. Barton has this crazy base salary incentive plan which I never saw at any other companies I interviewed for. Sure, you have to earn it but what is wrong with that? If you can't work hard and talk to people, this may not be the company for you. But it isn't fair to knock Barton for pushing people to succeed. I work with plenty of other people who come in, hit the ground running, stay on the phone and they get rewarded in commission. The others who can't do that typically don't stay long but it wasn't the right place for them anyway.

I love my co-workers and my Manager. This company has made my life better personally and also professionally. I love the competitive environment, I love the doctors I work with and I can't wait to get to work each day. The hours are long but again, if you expect the sales to fall in your lap, then go sell coffee for $2 a cup, not doctors. And try to enjoy a top-notch lifestyle off your earnings.

The training is so appreciated as well. It is plentiful and never-ending. Why would anyone not want that? I would rather get daily training than go to a job where I had to figure it out! If that isn't appreciated, than Barton may not be the place for you. It definitely is for me.

Cons

This company is growing fast and has solid goals to be competitive in the market. As a result, the internal processes change quite a bit to keep up with the company's own growth.

Keep doing what you are doing because it has helped me make a lot of money!

There are newer employer reviews for Barton Associates