Barton Associates

www.bartoncareers.com
  www.bartoncareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Barton Associates

It all depends on your personal mindset.

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager and Team Lead in Peabody, MA
Current Employee - Senior Account Manager and Team Lead in Peabody, MA

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have worked with Barton for over 2 years as an Account Manager. I have certainly seen it all and I have to say I am very happy here. The work environment is great as I work with mostly people in my age group (mid to late 20s) who seem to share a lot of the same personality traits. The office typically has a "buzz" as it should in a sales environment where teamwork is very important.

Any employee at Barton who has been here long enough to find success will tell you they love their job. Anybody who quit after 2 weeks will say it's a horrible place to work. If that's not evidence of it really being about what you make of it, I don't know what is. Listen, not everyone can handle an aggressive sales environment. Veterans of this company persevered through the early part of this job where you aren't making a bunch of money and the day to day is a grind. Now, those same people are making more money than they know how to spend, enjoy a casually fulfilling work day, and most have assumed management roles.

I really appreciated the training and management I received early on. My manager was very helpful with advice on a day to basis even when it wasn't work related. I believe my manager truly cared more about my success for me and not about how it reflected on him as a manager.

I was personally working a dead end retail job before I was hired at Barton. I loved the "salesy" attitude of the employees and the general desire for results that you can feel when you walk in. I've made a lot of friends working here and have achieved more career goals in the short time i have spent here than I could have ever imagined. Not only from a financial standpoint, but from a managerial standpoint as well.

Cons

Long hours and there can seem like there's no light at the end of the tunnel early on.

BUT THERE IS, I PROMISE

Cut the hours down, anybody who really wants it will stay late and show up early anyway.

Do more fun things for employees on a regular basis (half days, specific dress down days, free lunches, company outings and athletic teams).

45 Other Employee Reviews for Barton Associates (View Most Recent)

Overall positive experience. Exciting to move around the country at first but does become exhausting.

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Salary can be negotiated with each experience. Great experiences can be had.

Cons

Not always the best accomodations. Make sure thatyou know where you are staying before you go. Barton is usually good about making changes if a problem exists.

Sleezy sales operation treating doctors like a commodity for their own financial gain.

I have been working at Barton Associates

Pros

There are none. Find another company to assist you in locating locum tenen positions.

Cons

I am am a doctor and have nothing but warning for my fellow professionals. This operation purely runs on a sales mentality and is making money off of our education and talents. The people on their salesforce operate just like any other boiler room, most of them were in dead end jobs before here and are offered the possibility of great income if they can sell. Malcolm Singerman has made his money off the backs of doctors for 42 years and spends his life yachting now. Robert Indresano current COO is an attorney for God sakes', they are always first to screw over a doctor.

Hire people that at least have some education and are qualified to hold a conversation with doctors.

There are newer employer reviews for Barton Associates