Bass Pro Shops
www.basspro.com Springfield, MO 5000+ Employees

Very Horrible upper management!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
East Peoria, IL

ProsAwesome employee's to work with and the discount.

ConsUpper management is horrible, if you are not a brown noser then beware....they will find a reason to fire you. Never speak your mind or stand up for yourself/co-workers because that will get you fired also. Managers act like they listen to problems and say they will look into things but they DON'T.
I had to listened to some many lie's from management that it turned my stomach.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employee's like you want to be treated......RESPECT!!!
Employee's become friends and then turn into family, which I learned you don't approve of. We all talk and we all find out the backstabbing management does to there employee's and I was one that got stabbed because my GSM had it out for me. I would not recommend working for this company to anyone that I know.

Associates are a necessary evil to make money for Johnny...

Savannah, GA

I have been working at Bass Pro Shops

Pros: Paid weekly. Not a bad health/dental plan. Cons: Where to begin? Lack of ANY formal management training at the senior management level. It is assumed that once you are promoted to Lead,… Advice to Senior Management: Be open, not just "appear" to be that way. GSMs quit being afraid of the GM and stand up for your beliefs, and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Many years wasted

Camping Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Bass Pro Shops

Pros: Good Pay Good Discount Fun Co workers Cons: Horrible Management No room to Move up if not a brown noser Open every… Advice to Senior Management: Quit Learn how to actually manage and dont always hire from outside the company,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bass Pro Shops.

Worked for Bass Pro Shops? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bass Pro Shops reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bass Pro Shops CEO Jim Hagale. All reviews posted anonymously by Bass Pro Shops employees.