Bass Pro Shops
www.basspro.com Springfield, MO 5000+ Employees

It has been a good job that complies with school

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Springfield, MO

ProsYou become a family. You share a common interest. At least in the specialty departments this is the case. The people in each department at so different and it is very interesting to experience it.

ConsManagement, the group sales level, needs some serious reworking. It was once said by a manger that if your people didn't hate you, you weren't doing your job. There is no respect coming from two or three of these managers specifically. They are also very biased and favor certain people. It really is a shame sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you do not show your people respect, it is hard to demand respect. We are a specialty store and you cannot treat us like you pulled us off of the street.

Very Horrible upper management!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    East Peoria, IL

I worked at Bass Pro Shops

Pros: Awesome employee's to work with and the discount. Cons: Upper management is horrible, if you are not a brown noser then beware....they will find a reason to fire you. Never speak your mind… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employee's like you want to be treated......RESPECT!!! Employee's become friends and then turn into family, which I learned you don't approve of. We… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Associates are a necessary evil to make money for Johnny...

Savannah, GA

I have been working at Bass Pro Shops

Pros: Paid weekly. Not a bad health/dental plan. Cons: Where to begin? Lack of ANY formal management training at the senior management level. It is assumed that once you are promoted to Lead,… Advice to Senior Management: Be open, not just "appear" to be that way. GSMs quit being afraid of the GM and stand up for your beliefs, and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bass Pro Shops.

Worked for Bass Pro Shops? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bass Pro Shops reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bass Pro Shops CEO Jim Hagale. All reviews posted anonymously by Bass Pro Shops employees.