Bass Pro Shops

www.basspro.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bass Pro Shops

It has been a good job that complies with school

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Springfield, MO
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Bass Pro Shops

Pros

You become a family. You share a common interest. At least in the specialty departments this is the case. The people in each department at so different and it is very interesting to experience it.

Cons

Management, the group sales level, needs some serious reworking. It was once said by a manger that if your people didn't hate you, you weren't doing your job. There is no respect coming from two or three of these managers specifically. They are also very biased and favor certain people. It really is a shame sometimes.

If you do not show your people respect, it is hard to demand respect. We are a specialty store and you cannot treat us like you pulled us off of the street.

243 Other Employee Reviews for Bass Pro Shops (View Most Recent)

Very Horrible upper management!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL

I worked at Bass Pro Shops

Pros

Awesome employee's to work with and the discount.

Cons

Upper management is horrible, if you are not a brown noser then beware....they will find a reason to fire you. Never speak your mind or stand up for yourself/co-workers because that will get you fired also. Managers act like they listen to problems and say they will look into things but they DON'T.
    I had to listened to some many lie's from management that it turned my stomach.

Treat your employee's like you want to be treated......RESPECT!!!
    Employee's become friends and then turn into family, which I learned you don't approve of. We all talk and we all find out the backstabbing management does to there employee's and I was one that got stabbed because my GSM had it out for me. I would not recommend working for this company to anyone that I know.

Associates are a necessary evil to make money for Johnny...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Bass Pro Shops

Pros

Paid weekly. Not a bad health/dental plan.

Cons

Where to begin? Lack of ANY formal management training at the senior management level. It is assumed that once you are promoted to Lead, that you will be able to function adequately in upper management. Simple tasks, such as scheduling, seem to be beyond the capabilities of several of the GSMs (not surprising since the average age of the GSMs is about 25).

The environment used to be quite nice; however, now it is one of fear and poor morale since the arrival of the new GM.

Arbitrary decisions by management that is not based upon written Company policies.

Poor technical support and resources.

Management puts on the appearance of "listening" to its associates, but only about trivial matters like replacing microwaves, not about real issues concerning the store and its personnel or customers.

Poor acknowledgement of associates performance.

Be open, not just "appear" to be that way. GSMs quit being afraid of the GM and stand up for your beliefs, and for your personnel.

Provide something more substantial to associates who do a good job. Cardboard pizza is cheap, and it tastes that way.

There are newer employer reviews for Bass Pro Shops