There are newer employer reviews for Bass Pro Shops

Fantastic Seasonal Opportunity

Current Employee - P A C E Associate in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - P A C E Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Bass Pro Shops part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Bass Pro does an outstanding job during the Christmas holiday. Working in Santa's Wonderland is a total blast.

Cons

There never seems to be enough space for the kids to spread out, and the mechanical toys need more battery support so they don't wind down so quickly.

Make the crafts easier for the little kids to do. Provide sufficient supplies so that all kids have a shot at the craft during rush times like the weekends.

217 Other Employee Reviews for Bass Pro Shops (View Most Recent)

Excellent for a retail job, not a career.

Current Employee - Receiving in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Receiving in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Bass Pro Shops full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Excellent Teamwork
    Though this may vary at other locations, I believe the company is capable of organizing and executing massive tasks with ease due to the team ethics. I've worked for other retailers where 90% of the labor came from 1% of the workers. I would say the Cincinnati location produces 90% of the labor from 50% of the workers. The more people you have actually working hard together to complete a task, the more liesurely time everyone gets. This allows for happy employees and better sale results.

- Employees
    You will meet extremely passionate, enthusiastic, friendly co-workers. To me, having good co-workers is one of the most important perks to a job.

- Enviroment
    It's like an amusement park. I mean, theres a waterfall aquarium in the center of the building. Customers are happy to be there. After 5 years I still occasionally see something new that I haven't noticed before.

Cons

- Too many chiefs, not enough indians.
    You have three chains of command, 'team leads' 'managers' and 'corporate'. All three will give you conflicting orders and when something goes wrong it all goes downhill.

- Lack of pay
    Be warned that everyone starts out at different pay. Demand what you're worth at the interview or deny the job. I've been at the company five years and am making less than people I trained a year ago. Your starting pay will define what you make for your time at this company as the yearly raises are pitiful and hard work doesn't worth a dime to them.

- Impropper Recognition
    This company thrives from its excellent, knowledgeable staff. The team leads bare the heaviest weight of anyone in the store and are not recognized for it. Management is very out of touch with what happens in there very own departments. The higher up management sits in offices all day with closed doors looking for ways to cut costs, which inevitably are hurting the staff that pays their salary.

- Lack of advancement
    I'm in desperate search of a new career after 5 years because I have recognized the lack of career advancement. There's only a handful of supervisor positions available and when they've all been there 10 years, they aren't leaving any time soon. I do the work of a supervisor but I'm paid as peasant, it's not worth it.

Respect the people who make you look good. Recognize the people who actually care about the company and reward them.

A fabulous education in how to make a great brand come alive

Former Employee - Visual Display Lead in Pearl, MS
    Former Employee - Visual Display Lead in Pearl, MS

I worked at Bass Pro Shops full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Absolute dedication at all levels to making the customer's experience of this brand truly memorable.

Cons

Middle management has difficulty communicating to the troops in he trenches.

Listen to your people and talk with them. Not to them.

There are newer employer reviews for Bass Pro Shops