Bass Pro Shops

There are newer employer reviews for Bass Pro Shops

I really enjoy working for Bass Pro Shops

Current Employee - Footwear Sales Associate in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Footwear Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bass Pro Shops part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent starting pay for an entry level employee. Awesome discounts on products!

Cons

Needs better training on products for employees to understand what they are selling.

I really wish we had easier access to product information to help our customers better with their choices on the products we sell.

232 Other Employee Reviews for Bass Pro Shops (View Most Recent)

Incompetent, Un Fair, Plays Favorites, Only wants people that think like upper management....

Current Employee - Team Lead in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Bass Pro Shops full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company has good values, too bad store doesn't reinforce that belief. Good discount, fun contests.

Cons

Managers speak down to associates, like they are idiots. The saying is, "the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing".... At bass Pro its more like the thumb doesnt know what the index finger is doing... Managers can't manage because the higher ups have all the control. Leads dont lead, they are just associates that get yelled at. If you are a "yes man" you will become a quick favorite and stay that way until you disagree with a manager then you are on scheduled crappy shifts and shrugged off like you are a nobody.

Just becuase this store is usually top 3 in the company does NOT mean that you have associates that are happy, it just means you have customers who like what you are selling. Do an anonymous survey of the morale of the associates... you will be amazed at what associates say. This store is losing great associates and managers because you have "loyal" upper management that make the little people hate going to work!

"We all live downstream"

Current Employee - Customer Relations in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Relations in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Bass Pro Shops part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Enjoyable store appearance and amenities (25,000 gallon tank sure beats that aquarium in the corner)
    -Discount is very generous on store owned goods if the products interest you (fishing, hunting, camping, etc..)

Cons

-Management runs the place very old school (1980s work safety videos, candy bar/$1 incentives for goals)
    - training is learn as you go which can leave you hung out to dry in new situations
    - pay is low compared to the revenue the stores bring in everyday

- establish a new hands-on and face to face training
    - raise the wages, dealing with the general public is rough when you're stuck at a register/ in a department all day
    - a retail job doesn't provide much for challenge and growth so use monetary incentives but make them worth while ($1 rewards don't even buy a coke)

There are newer employer reviews for Bass Pro Shops