There are newer employer reviews for Bass Pro Shops

I really enjoy working for Bass Pro Shops

Current Employee - Footwear Sales Associate  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Footwear Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bass Pro Shops part-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent starting pay for an entry level employee. Awesome discounts on products!

Cons

Needs better training on products for employees to understand what they are selling.

I really wish we had easier access to product information to help our customers better with their choices on the products we sell.

203 Other Employee Reviews for Bass Pro Shops (View Most Recent)

Incompetent, Un Fair, Plays Favorites, Only wants people that think like upper management....

Current Employee - Team Lead  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Bass Pro Shops full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company has good values, too bad store doesn't reinforce that belief. Good discount, fun contests.

Cons

Managers speak down to associates, like they are idiots. The saying is, "the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing".... At bass Pro its more like the thumb doesnt know what the index finger is doing... Managers can't manage because the higher ups have all the control. Leads dont lead, they are just associates that get yelled at. If you are a "yes man" you will become a quick favorite and stay that way until you disagree with a manager then you are on scheduled crappy shifts and shrugged off like you are a nobody.

Just becuase this store is usually top 3 in the company does NOT mean that you have associates that are happy, it just means you have customers who like what you are selling. Do an anonymous survey of the morale of the associates... you will be amazed at what associates say. This store is losing great associates and managers because you have "loyal" upper management that make the little people hate going to work!

Awful Place to work

Former Employee - Sale Associate  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Sale Associate in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Bass Pro Shops full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The discount is great!!!
    - Nice environment to work in
    - coll merchandise

Cons

- management are complete idiots that fail to realize life exist outside of Bass Pro Shops
    -Pay is terrible: I started out at 8/hr and after two raises I made 8.55/hr. My second raise I got 27 cents...Thanks for nothing

There are newer employer reviews for Bass Pro Shops

Worked for Bass Pro Shops? Contribute to the Community!