Bass Pro Shops

www.basspro.com

Disappointment in Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Harlingen, TX

ProsMet some wonderful people, the interaction with others that loved the outdoors was amazing. The best part? The discount. The company is wonderful! If you love the outdoors, this is heaven. The company itself is great.

ConsWhen the store opened, it was wonderful. Morale was high and excitement drove us each day. But, as upper management failed in leadership and guidance, it began a domino effect. Management turns a blind eye to what's going on. As associates, we are exhausted in trying to make positive changes. If you harbor an opinion that differs from management, you are not recognized because often stated, we are simply associates. So many policies and procedures are broken each day only to be swept under the rug. As associates, we see the disregard management has for the good of the store and its people. It has brought morale to an ultimate all time low. A sad situation for such a wonderful store that has so much potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf GSMs have disregard for what's going on, the associates are quickly following. Too high of a turnover. Some wonderful people have chosen to leave because of in store politics.

fun environment

General Manager (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

I worked at Bass Pro Shops full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: relaxed work and good discount. Cons: Employment practices are very suspect. there is no loyalty from… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great part time Job

Gun Vault (Former Employee) Portage, IN

I worked at Bass Pro Shops part-time for less than a year

Pros: Employee discount of BPS brands is 40% that is from… Cons: Making all of the retail staff attend meetings where sales… Advice to Senior Management: Include firearms and ammo on empoyee discount. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Bass Pro Shops.

Worked for Bass Pro Shops? Contribute to the Community!