Bass Pro Shops

There are newer employer reviews for Bass Pro Shops

Disappointment in Leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harlingen, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harlingen, TX

I have been working at Bass Pro Shops full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Met some wonderful people, the interaction with others that loved the outdoors was amazing. The best part? The discount. The company is wonderful! If you love the outdoors, this is heaven. The company itself is great.

Cons

When the store opened, it was wonderful. Morale was high and excitement drove us each day. But, as upper management failed in leadership and guidance, it began a domino effect. Management turns a blind eye to what's going on. As associates, we are exhausted in trying to make positive changes. If you harbor an opinion that differs from management, you are not recognized because often stated, we are simply associates. So many policies and procedures are broken each day only to be swept under the rug. As associates, we see the disregard management has for the good of the store and its people. It has brought morale to an ultimate all time low. A sad situation for such a wonderful store that has so much potential.

If GSMs have disregard for what's going on, the associates are quickly following. Too high of a turnover. Some wonderful people have chosen to leave because of in store politics.

231 Other Employee Reviews for Bass Pro Shops (View Most Recent)

Exciting job for the outdoor enthusiat

Former Employee - Fishing Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Fishing Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Bass Pro Shops full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

very fun, competitive pay with other retail stores, learned alot about customer service from this company, benefits were just average, good 401k

Cons

work schedule was very inconsistent, I felt that many of the managment officals had a tendency to micro-manage. hardly off on weekends

hire more qualified individuals

fun environment

Former Employee - General Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - General Manager in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Bass Pro Shops full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

relaxed work and good discount.

Cons

Employment practices are very suspect. there is no loyalty from the company towards any employee.

There are newer employer reviews for Bass Pro Shops