Great! Good people, decent work, if I had to entry-level all over again I would do it again.

I worked at Bass Underwriters

Pros

Great Benefits, Friendly Christian atmosphere, work flexibility, company always up to date on the latest technology, lots of trainings, really cool people, Great career starter.

Cons

Very flat hiearchical structure, very hard to move up past an entry level position, salary is a bit lower than maket average.

Great job guys the only thing I would suggest is pay people market wages and cut out the political party culture in the office. The intense Republicanism permeated the air. I felt that if I ever announced that I was a Democrat that I would be instantly assassinated.

Other Reviews for Bass Underwriters

Great opportunities, too much office politics.

Current Employee - Underwriting Assistant
    Current Employee - Underwriting Assistant

I have been working at Bass Underwriters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work environment, lenient hours, manageable work load. The people you work work usually understand what you're going thorough since they've gone through it themselves. You can build a good book of business if you know the right markets to tap.

Cons

Too much office politics from the higher ups. Always pushing their own personal agenda instead of what's good for the company. A lot of decisions that are made from the executives for the company are decided from an emotional stand point, not a professional one. Company is run like you're in the military.

Pay your employee's what their worth. Invest in your employees, not just pocketing the money for yourselves.

Great place to work if you are in the Inner Circle

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

I worked at Bass Underwriters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work/life balance, laid back atmosphere

Cons

lack of communication at times, sometimes too laid back ends up promoting mediocrity, family members and friends of upper management have priority

communicate expectations and issues more clearly

There are newer employer reviews for Bass Underwriters.

Worked for Bass Underwriters? Contribute to the Community!