There are newer employer reviews for Bass Underwriters

Great! Good people, decent work, if I had to entry-level all over again I would do it again.

I worked at Bass Underwriters

Pros

Great Benefits, Friendly Christian atmosphere, work flexibility, company always up to date on the latest technology, lots of trainings, really cool people, Great career starter.

Cons

Very flat hiearchical structure, very hard to move up past an entry level position, salary is a bit lower than maket average.

Advice to Management

Great job guys the only thing I would suggest is pay people market wages and cut out the political party culture in the office. The intense Republicanism permeated the air. I felt that if I ever announced that I was a Democrat that I would be instantly assassinated.

reviews filtered by
  1. Sr. Underwriter Assistant

I worked at Bass Underwriters full-time

Pros

Very casual and laid back atmosphere. Employees were very friendly and supportive. Hours were flexible so long as the work was done.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. Not only do you handle your superior's book of business, but you have to go out and create your own from scratch. The transition for promotion is extremely difficult

Advice to Management

To provide a better salary and benefits to those who really show dedication for their work performed. Working long hours for the very minimum when there are alternatives make it hard for employees to stay.

2. Used, abused and lose

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

I worked at Bass Underwriters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Casual dress, flexible work hours when needed, at times generous with employee functions

Cons

Management talks the Christian talk, but can't walk the Christian walk. Many, many sexist comments from management. Office politics makes everyone nervous. Everyone is constantly afraid of losing job - except for family and church friend employees. They are safe. Management consists of vulgar men acting like teenagers. Office pranks are sometimes destructive leaving messes for lower level employees to clean up. Hard work is expected for lower than usual pay - and no good deed goes unpunished. Employees have been fired for telling the truth,.

Advice to Management

Stop all the back room politics. Start appreciating employees that do the right thing. Stop the sexist jokes and comments. Pay your employees based on the work they do - not on who's friend or family member they are. Act professionally and your employees will do the same and have more respect for you.