Bass Underwriters

www.bassuw.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Bass Underwriters

Great! Good people, decent work, if I had to entry-level all over again I would do it again.

I worked at Bass Underwriters

Pros

Great Benefits, Friendly Christian atmosphere, work flexibility, company always up to date on the latest technology, lots of trainings, really cool people, Great career starter.

Cons

Very flat hiearchical structure, very hard to move up past an entry level position, salary is a bit lower than maket average.

Great job guys the only thing I would suggest is pay people market wages and cut out the political party culture in the office. The intense Republicanism permeated the air. I felt that if I ever announced that I was a Democrat that I would be instantly assassinated.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Bass Underwriters (View Most Recent)

Great opportunities, too much office politics.

Current Employee - Underwriting Assistant
    Current Employee - Underwriting Assistant

I have been working at Bass Underwriters full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work environment, lenient hours, manageable work load. The people you work work usually understand what you're going thorough since they've gone through it themselves. You can build a good book of business if you know the right markets to tap.

Cons

Too much office politics from the higher ups. Always pushing their own personal agenda instead of what's good for the company. A lot of decisions that are made from the executives for the company are decided from an emotional stand point, not a professional one. Company is run like you're in the military.

Pay your employee's what their worth. Invest in your employees, not just pocketing the money for yourselves.

Used, abused and lose

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

I worked at Bass Underwriters full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Casual dress, flexible work hours when needed, at times generous with employee functions

Cons

Management talks the Christian talk, but can't walk the Christian walk. Many, many sexist comments from management. Office politics makes everyone nervous. Everyone is constantly afraid of losing job - except for family and church friend employees. They are safe. Management consists of vulgar men acting like teenagers. Office pranks are sometimes destructive leaving messes for lower level employees to clean up. Hard work is expected for lower than usual pay - and no good deed goes unpunished. Employees have been fired for telling the truth,.

Stop all the back room politics. Start appreciating employees that do the right thing. Stop the sexist jokes and comments. Pay your employees based on the work they do - not on who's friend or family member they are. Act professionally and your employees will do the same and have more respect for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Bass Underwriters