There are newer employer reviews for Bath Fitter

good company..love my job.

Current Employee - Installer  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Installer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bath Fitter full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

work alone, straight commission(i could never go back to hourly job), vehicle and tools provided

Cons

hard work, not always steady

60 Other Employee Reviews for Bath Fitter (View Most Recent)

family owned and operated but not in a good way

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bath Fitter full-time

Pros

no supervision young people running the show --- free for all -- they will give you lots of free hours for driving -- unbelievable how incompetent this place is run and how much money they waste

Cons

high turn over unless you're related to the family -- no real supervision

you could triple your business if you hired competent people -- if you work in a big city you don't need to have employees travelling a far way and then spend thousands of dollars a year paying for their gas --- this is'nt brain surgery

Don't quit a Paying job!

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Bath Fitter full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees all get along. If you start today, you'll probably be second in high seniority

Cons

Straight commision. Use your own vehicle, no vehicle allowance, no gas allowance, no expense reimbursement. Required to be on call 12 hours a day without compensation. Sales manager is also a salesman on commision plus a small salary. Over a sixty mile radius sales territory. When interviewed, was told to expect 2 to 3 QUALIFIED leads a day. Turns out we were lucky to get one. Except the manager who always had two. Many days we got none. They covered it up by saying they wanted us to trane that day. The only qualification was they were breathing, The manager, who was horrible salesman, cherry picked through the leads to get what he thought were laydowns. Also would not let us go back on a call even if they asked for us. He would take the sale that we already set up, Most leads would tell you they just made the appointment to get the call center to quit calling.

Many leads would be cancelled before you got there. Many times I would get a call from the HQ call center minutes before arriving to the home. Which meant 60+ miles there and back. Frankly, what little money you do make, you eat up in gas. Their solution was "you can right off the mileage at the end of the year on your taxes", True, however my gas station required I pay them every day.

Longest seniority for salesman in the Grand Rapids branch was 6 months. The top salesman, who they liked to use as an example, had one good month, and quit the day he got paid. Figured he broke even and cut his losses.

Don't make the sales manager a commision salesman. It turns them into liars and theives.

There are newer employer reviews for Bath Fitter

Worked for Bath Fitter? Contribute to the Community!