Bath Fitter

www.bathfitter.com

For sales reps at the malls, it can be intensely boring and outside events can be few

Pros

It's nice in that you don't have to deal with $$, you arrive, windex your display, and sit for a 5 hr shift, then go home. It's great to get out of the malls and work Home and Garden Shows, because people are LOOKING to renovate and the leads flow faster than you can count them. But sometimes only the senior reps get the chance, which in my opinion, is all wrong when you're trying to build a team; it's a morale blow to employees who have been working constantly in the malls which produce much fewer leads.

Cons

Unless you are new to the mall, the shifts can be so boring, because the mall walkers are there, and the regular shoppers, and you rarely see new faces. Sometimes only 3 people will even bother to look at the display in a 5 hr shift. Trying to engage people can be discouraging because you can't sell a bath renovation to someone who doesn't need or want it. Obtaining leads is difficult even for people who DO want to renovate, because most people don't like giving out their personal information. And after a few years at the mall, you feel as if you've saturated the market.

1. Give everyone a fair chance at outside events, don't play favorites. Build the team, let new employees work together with seasoned employees. 2. Don't focus on obtaining leads in this day and age when people protect their privacy. Instead, distribute coupons with the sales rep's name on it, and let the customer call YOU. If it turns into a sale, give commission bonus to the rep whose name is on the coupon. 3. Don't call people to death. If they say NO, respect it.

Other reviews for Bath Fitter

Long hours low pay with poor working conditions

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

Pros

I have no Pros. I was so excited about working for this company until I learned how they really work. It is no wonder that they cannot hold onto sales team members or marketing coordinators.

Cons

I have found their tactics to be dishonest when working with customers. Employees are treated poorly. Management is often bully’s in many offices. Employee turnover is very high. I was so excited about working for this company until I learned how they really work. It is no wonder that they cannot hold onto sales team members or marketing coordinators.

Improve customer service and give honest answers to customers questions and concerns. Appreciate your employees. If you care about your employees they will perform better.

good company..love my job.

Current Employee - Installer  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Installer in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

work alone, straight commission(i could never go back to hourly job), vehicle and tools provided

Cons

hard work, not always steady

There are newer employer reviews for Bath Fitter.

Worked for Bath Fitter? Contribute to the Community!