Bath Fitter
www.bathfitter.com Saint-Eustache, Canada 150 to 499 Employees

For sales reps at the malls, it can be intensely boring and outside events can be few

ProsIt's nice in that you don't have to deal with $$, you arrive, windex your display, and sit for a 5 hr shift, then go home. It's great to get out of the malls and work Home and Garden Shows, because people are LOOKING to renovate and the leads flow faster than you can count them. But sometimes only the senior reps get the chance, which in my opinion, is all wrong when you're trying to build a team; it's a morale blow to employees who have been working constantly in the malls which produce much fewer leads.

ConsUnless you are new to the mall, the shifts can be so boring, because the mall walkers are there, and the regular shoppers, and you rarely see new faces. Sometimes only 3 people will even bother to look at the display in a 5 hr shift. Trying to engage people can be discouraging because you can't sell a bath renovation to someone who doesn't need or want it. Obtaining leads is difficult even for people who DO want to renovate, because most people don't like giving out their personal information. And after a few years at the mall, you feel as if you've saturated the market.

Advice to Senior Management1. Give everyone a fair chance at outside events, don't play favorites. Build the team, let new employees work together with seasoned employees. 2. Don't focus on obtaining leads in this day and age when people protect their privacy. Instead, distribute coupons with the sales rep's name on it, and let the customer call YOU. If it turns into a sale, give commission bonus to the rep whose name is on the coupon. 3. Don't call people to death. If they say NO, respect it.

Long hours low pay with poor working conditions

Marketing (Former Employee)

I worked at Bath Fitter full-time

Pros: I have no Pros. I was so excited about working for this company until I learned how… Cons: I have found their tactics to be dishonest when working with customers. Employees are treated poorly. Management is often bully‚Äôs in many offices. Employee turnover… Advice to Senior Management: Improve customer service and give honest answers to customers questions and concerns.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

good company..love my job.

Installer (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bath Fitter full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: work alone, straight commission(i could never go back to hourly… Cons: hard work, not always steady Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bath Fitter.

Worked for Bath Fitter? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bath Fitter reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bath Fitter CEO Regis Rehel. All reviews posted anonymously by Bath Fitter employees.