Great Temporary Job

Former Employee - Lead Marketing Consultant  in  Salem, VA
Former Employee - Lead Marketing Consultant in Salem, VA

I worked at Bath Fitter part-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved the autonomy of the work, especially that as long as we met our goals we had some degree of freedom. It was also super fun to go to festivals and other events. I took my ukulele and played to attract people to our display, so I had a blast.

Cons

Management wasn't always on top of things, I handled most of the scheduling, no training

Support your employees a little better and provide some more training. I was successful because I was highly motivated but the average employee gets burnt out without interaction from management.

Other Reviews for Bath Fitter

The absolute worst sales position I have ever experienced

Former Employee - Sales  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA

I worked at Bath Fitter full-time for less than a year

Pros

Manager tried his best to encourage us, the training was good, the product was good. It definately will prepare you for a reputable company that appreciates your efforts.

Cons

You could tell after a couple of weeks after starting appointments were not qualified at all, for the most part we would go to low income areas without the means to purchase product, 2-3 hour trips one way to 1 appointment to find no one home, or we're told we are in the area, a lot of times we were told they did not set appointment (they called and person would not commit to set, but we were sent anyway). They also find excuses to delay money owed to you. We would attend meetings with sales reps from other locations and for the most part you would hear the same stories. They will over hire reps knowing there will not be enough leads for every one, which takes all of the excitement away of hoping things will improve. If you like driving a lot, visiting single wide trailers, going into high unemployed and depressed areas this would be a great opportunity. I saw many times over you could have a good week then it would go flat for no apparent reason. Lead setters obviously get paid if someone justs answers the door, and they have little respect for the sales force. Your are forced to take a hard core sales approach just to try to make a sale, just to try to keep you percentages respectable. They do not listen to any suggestions you may have since your immediate manager has very little to do with corporate. All the sales reps got along great, but is was hard watching each other getting more and more discouraged day by day either by going broke or the wear and tear of driving 350-400 miles a day for nothing.

Nothing can be said because they are closed minded, upper management is all about themselves and the few followers too scared to share real opinions to help everyone be successful.

I have much more respect for former employers prior to Bath Fitter

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Bath Fitter full-time for less than a year

Pros

Brushing up on your driving skills and making the oil companies more profitable. Training will prepare you for a professional sales organization that appreciates the efforts of your commitment to succeed and stay on top of the current trends

Cons

No respect given unless you can be programmed into a outdated tin man sales tactic from the past. The revolving door going into the office was wearing out making it difficult to enter the office

It's 2014

There are newer employer reviews for Bath Fitter.

Worked for Bath Fitter? Contribute to the Community!