There are newer employer reviews for Bath & Body Works

My time with Bath and Body Works has been mildly frustrating.

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Bath & Body Works

Pros

One of the reasons to work at Bath and Body Works is the selection of wonderful products that I personally use and believe in.

Cons

The major downside in my position is the retail schedule ( ie. working nights, weekends, holidays,etc.).

Advice to Management

I would love to see a more fair and competitive salary for the Store Managers ( big discrepencies within the same area for store mangement).

reviews filtered by
  1. What you would expect it to be.

I worked at Bath & Body Works

Pros

Ability to interact with customers and work at your own pace. Always busy, time will go by fast, friendly staff.

Cons

Structured sales tactics, scheduling system is the worst. Dress code for males too strict as far as colors of slacks.

Advice to Management

Listening to feedback from associates, reworking scheduling system, better pay for employees, more organized form of storage and distribution of product.

2. Good for retail experience, bad for long-term.

I worked at Bath & Body Works

Pros

It was my first experience in retail. They do a great job making sure you know what it is you're selling. The monthly trainings ensured we were well-versed in new products, and the floor-set consistency throughout each store is very appealing. I learned how to deal with frustrated customers and customers demanding a product that can be discontinued. The rotation of positions made the day go by faster and kept it interesting.

Cons

This location in particular had problems with scheduling. For instance, I was having eye surgery that would make me unable to work for 5 days. I notified the person in charge of scheduling well in advance of the days I needed off but low and behold, the day after my surgery my manager called and asked why I wasn't at work.

I also didn't care for the "Call-in" shifts, where you'd be asked to call in no more than two hours prior to the scheduled start time to see if there was enough demand for you. Sometimes they'd tell me not to come in and then call an hour or two later to see if I could make it in after all. It was hard to schedule anything on those days, and unfortunately during the "off-season", most of my shifts were call-ins.

There was also a problem with one of the store managers gossiping and doing petty things that a person in a leadership role should not be displaying.

Advice to Management

Adjust the call-ins so there is some sort of dependability.

There are newer employer reviews for Bath & Body Works