There are newer employer reviews for Bath & Body Works

my favorite part time position ever held...for the most part

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Plymouth Meeting, PA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time (More than a year)

Pros

30% discount (including sister stores Victorias Secret, Henri Bendel); fairly easy to pick up on product knowledge; 9/10 customers are easy to make happy; you get to wear jeans to work (win!); yearly raises (or maybe that was just me); employee gratis; fellow associates usually are like a second family (this may only be for smaller stores)

Cons

floorsets/marketing can be a nightmare; hard to get promoted within company unless you have the right management; holiday hiring seems to be more about how many people need to be hired than the quality of people, so regular employees wind up picking up the mess holiday help makes; "call-in" shifts; no stability with hours (will have 18 one week and 3 the next)

Advice to Management

have more advancement opportunities available for those who work for the company for years rather than just hiring new people; focus on hiring quality employees for seasonal positions rather than quantity

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not an ideal place to work at, unless you want to work as a hobby.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pros to working at BBW were that you get small samples of new products, the employees are often very friendly, it always smells good in there, and time passes very quickly.

Cons

Unfortunately, I would definitely not recommend this job to anyone who needs money ASAP, or if you're a college student, or if you have a family to feed. You are paid biweekly, which is not a problem, but because you work so few hours as a part-time associate, don't expect to be paid very much. I worked, at most, six hours a week. And that only happened twice in the three months I worked there. Usually, I worked three hours a week. I was lucky to get $90 on my paycheck. Usually, my paychecks cut me around forty dollars after taxes. Terrible terrible hours. Not to mention, you are usually put down as a "call-in". That means, they'll schedule you as a "call-in" for anywhere from 3-5 hours on a certain day. You need to call into work and see if you are needed. Usually? No. I worked a call-in one time. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I was unable to make other plans because I had to see if I needed to work a call in. The hours you work and the money you make aren't worth it. I could barely pay for gas. Never working with Limited Brands again. I'm so lucky I found another job that gives me regular hours and great pay- I'm glad I quit BBW and never looked back.

Advice to Management

Schedule your employees with more hours! 3 hours is a completely pointless shift, and your employees can't even pay for rent with the money you're giving them!

2. Overall, have love everyone that i work with and for.

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some great people. Great product and they have tonned down the pressure of selling.

Cons

Few hours for part time and seasonal associates