my favorite part time position ever held...for the most part

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Plymouth Meeting, PA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time for more than a year

Pros

30% discount (including sister stores Victorias Secret, Henri Bendel); fairly easy to pick up on product knowledge; 9/10 customers are easy to make happy; you get to wear jeans to work (win!); yearly raises (or maybe that was just me); employee gratis; fellow associates usually are like a second family (this may only be for smaller stores)

Cons

floorsets/marketing can be a nightmare; hard to get promoted within company unless you have the right management; holiday hiring seems to be more about how many people need to be hired than the quality of people, so regular employees wind up picking up the mess holiday help makes; "call-in" shifts; no stability with hours (will have 18 one week and 3 the next)

have more advancement opportunities available for those who work for the company for years rather than just hiring new people; focus on hiring quality employees for seasonal positions rather than quantity

Other Reviews for Bath & Body Works

It is not a job it is a privledge to be employed here!!!!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fun, Friendly atmosphere. It is a BBW employee's mission to give the customer the best shopping experience while in our stores. Working at BBW gives me the best employment experience!!! Training and development far exceeds a branded retail corporations expectations, and everyday is a growth opportunity within such an accomplished organization. At the end of the day, I still feel like I dont "work" at BBW, I feel like I am going to my "happy place", and there's some awesome people there buying an amazing product that we all love!!!

Cons

I wish the company offered more full time management opportunities. The leadership team consist of a store manager, co manager, and sales leaders (who are only part time). I can not afford to work as a part time sales leader so I have maintained my status as a part time sales associate for over 15 years with Limited Brands. Sadly the only thing I have ever wanted was a full time position with the company, but I have to maintain full time employment elsewhere to supplement my living expenses. I always resolve to the notion that BBW is my REAL job and I do everything else to pay the bills.

Allow the management team one full time sales leader so that there is interim growth opportunities which a seasoned management candidate can afford to transiton to while making a career change to live happily ever after with BBW. I would have been in the perfect job fifteen years ago had this been available. (To whomever is reading this please mention this in your next board meeting with Ken & Camille :-) ... )

Horrible, worst place ever to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Meriden, CT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Meriden, CT

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time for less than a year

Pros

Discount, nothing else to say

Cons

The people are snobby, no real training, to high of exceptions.

There are newer employer reviews for Bath & Body Works.

Worked for Bath & Body Works? Contribute to the Community!