Bath & Body Works

www.bathandbodyworks.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bath & Body Works

Wouldn't work anywhere else!

Current Employee - Co -manager in Nashua, NH
Current Employee - Co -manager in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Bath & Body Works full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for Limited Brands over ten years and I can honestly say I have worked with some of the most interesting and intelligent managers in the industry. I have great benefits, a very competitive salary and I have fun where I can be myself. You have to be willing to sell hard and work hard, but it really does pay off!

Cons

Only one weekend off a month, crazy holiday season, workforce management including writing schedules is behind the times.

Better incentives for all associates,even better gratis can help build moral on teams.

1179 Other Employee Reviews for Bath & Body Works (View Most Recent)

The Bad Side of Retail

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You pretty much make your own schedule. I liked a few of my co-workers. A very specific type of person shops there, which means your customers are generally pleasant.

Cons

Extremely enforced goals and up selling , too many employees-I didn't know but a couple!- Focused all on sales rather than creating satified customers, and they run it like a prison. In the three months I worked there (all 6-7 hour days) I had two 15 minute breaks. They shuffle things and avoid giving breaks. Trying to sell people stuff they can't afford, rather than having a loyal customer. Managers were all women who mentally never left high school. My experience working here insured that I'll never shop there again. Also, there is gratis, but it's a pathetic assortment of overstock or stuff no one wants. Once I got a disgusting smelling "We <3 our associates!" candle.

Treat your employees better and give them a reason to not walk-or run- away.

Just Okay

Current Employee - Sales Leader
    Current Employee - Sales Leader

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Extremely detailed business design, you can learn so much from working with this company it's amazing
    - They recognize great talent and opportunities for growth are fantastic
    - Lots of fun with the customers on the salesfloor
    - Free product every time there is a new theme!
    - Fun contests almost every new theme
    - Sales team treat each other like family
    - Great job if you are a student or are looking for a second job
    - You will get a lot of product knowledge which is great as an employee and a customer you will know which stuff is THE BEST!

Cons

- Expect to work late night floorsets most holidays (INCLUDING CHRISTMAS EVE)
    -Low pay for the amount of work that is asked of you
    -Schedule is very erratic, one day you can work 10hrs and then 3hr shifts the rest of the week
    -Sales Associates get scheduled 3 hour shifts and call ins
    -Heavy lifting
    - Very demanding during holiday season ( you will however get A LOT more hours during holiday)

communication is key!