There are newer employer reviews for Bath & Body Works

Sucks!

I have been working at Bath & Body Works

Pros

You work with a team and sometimes you get to socialize with interesting people. You get a lot of free gifts and rewards. Smells good.

Cons

The three managers don't communicate between each other. One tells you to do one thing and then 5 minutes later another manager overrides the first.

Learn how to communicate. Need to be more organized with your scheduling. Hire less people and give more hours. Stop doing floor plans that go to 2:30 AM

reviews filtered by

I'd rather be a panhandler

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Bath & Body Works

Pros

The only pro I have is that I have met some awesome people as an employee. That is pretty sad.

Cons

- Discount sucks, sales + coupons are a better deal
    - People who want to advance are not given a chance to advance (ie, promotions)
    - Little pay for what is asked of you
    - Scheduling is horrible, are often scheduled until times that you are not available for
    - In 3 years, I've only received a raise when the state required minimum wage went up
    - Bath & Body Works = 1; Your personal life = 2
    - Many people in management positions often seem incompetent

I think my main advice for BBW upper management is to hire/promote people who have worked hard and show they want to advance in retail. Don't just hire the first associate you meet at the store.

Blah Blah Blah

Current Employee - Co-Manager
    Current Employee - Co-Manager

I have been working at Bath & Body Works

Pros

The company is very good about giving stores lots of training and product knowledge. Its a very clean environment & smells great.

Cons

Not enough payroll!!! Very limited coverage!! We are a B volume store that is usually at our minimum operating hours - which is 1 to 2 ppl all day long for the majority of the week. This makes it very hard to complete tasks within your DOR! DM plays favorites and only promotes suck ups!! She is an external hire and has NO IDEA what it takes to run stores!! Her mood swings are ridiculous - one minute she loves you & the next she barely talks to you.

Everyone at the DM level and above should be an internal hire so that they actually understand the workings of their stores!!! Also, provide more payroll so that you have more than one person working by themselves for 3 hours - its not safe!!!! Tell us why items are being discontinued so that we can tell our customers instead of looking like idiots who know nothing!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Bath & Body Works