There are newer employer reviews for Bath & Body Works

four hour shifts, a couple times a week

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Bath & Body Works

Pros

Really, the best thing about working there was the cross brand discount. I haven't used Bath & Body Works products since I was about fifteen, but could use my discount at Victoria's Secret which was excellent. I was surrounded by a lot of girls my own age and they were fun to be around and I got a lot of interaction with customers.

Cons

The smell of the store really gets to you after a while. As someone who is sensitive to smells and has asthma, I'd get pretty dizzy after a couple of hours, but I think that's to be expected working in such a pungent store. The scheduling is horrible. The shifts are for the most part set up in four hour blocks, and most employees only get two or three a week. Those shifts are "supplemented" by call in shifts which you have to call in an hour before your shift starts to see if they need you, and at my small store, they rarely did, even during the Christmas rush. Because of the short shifts, breaks don't exist either. Requesting time off is somewhat complicated, and all of the scheduling is impersonal and done online.

Advice to Management

It's not your fault working there sucks, I get that all of the decisions are made by corporate and don't care about their employees being able to make a living and having difficulty finding second jobs because scheduling is so horrible.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. One of my favorite jobs

I worked at Bath & Body Works

Pros

Great people to work with. Lots of information on the products and I had wonderful manager who made working there really pleasant.

Cons

I didn't like the dress code, very boring. When management wasn't around some employees didn't work as hard as others which meant the rest of us had to pick up the slack.

Advice to Management

Our store was a great place to work but whenever the regional manager was visiting, her attitude didn't match our friendly atmosphere.

2. A satisfying, fun and exciting place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Bath & Body Works

Pros

Fresh new fragrances, fun, respected, modern, honest, loyal and exciting.

Cons

Retail Hours Late nights schedule

Advice to Management

I have always found the leadership at Bath and Body works to be respectful and honest. I have worked at 6 different stores and I have had great experience with all of the management.