Battelle Memorial
www.battelle.org Columbus, OH 5000+ Employees

Benefits rapidly have been diminishing over the last few years, seems at times to be a bias towards male employees

Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee)
Richland, WA

I have been working at Battelle Memorial full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFlexible work schedule and okay benefits and the work is usually varied and interesting.

ConsLower level scientists are more and more burdened by the actual work yet receive little reward and are the most vulnerable when lay offs are on the horizon. Educational benefits (ie, tuition reimbursement) is being phased out and is harder to obtain. Pensions have been cut back in recent years, as well as the matched contribution to 401Ks. Upper management are almost always retained and promoted despite chronic poor performance, while early career scientists are readily laid off when funds are tight.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps one piece of advice would be to force the retirement of those who are retirement age instead of providing them with obscene salaries, along with little expectation or metric that they will bring in grants and other sources of funding.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great place for techinical, scientific staff.

Program Manager (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

I worked at Battelle Memorial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Compensation is slightly above average. Work is incredibly diverse… Cons: An older company slow to adapt to new ways of doing business.… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to focus on fixing it's house. Doing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Outstanding Corporation

Program Manager (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at Battelle Memorial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Employee centered and very supportive of it's staff and their whole person. Safety Conscious,… Cons: Very large and diverse, almost too diverse Management Structure is too… Advice to Senior Management: Stream line up channel communications for employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Battelle Memorial.

Worked for Battelle Memorial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Battelle Memorial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Battelle Memorial CEO Jeff Wadsworth. All reviews posted anonymously by Battelle Memorial employees.