Battelle and Battelle
www.battellecpas.com Moraine, OH

Walkin' the Walk and Rootin' for the Home Team

Demil Lead (Former Employee)

ProsI sacrificed a solid career track that promised excellent financial reward for an opportunity to join Battelle straight out of school with a fresh B.Sc. degree. Best move I could have made. I had outstanding mentors and an exciting and challenging environment. I enjoyed many self-identified opportunies to make substantial contributions, and was well-trained and compensated.

ConsThere always seems to be some knuckleheads wherever one goes, but I have no knocks on the company. The only con is that I will no longer be working for Battelle. After decades of accomplished performance and contribution, I and 100's of my co-workers (including some highly educated, ethical and qualified scientists and managers) have worked ourselves out of a job by successfully executing our contract(s) on behalf of Battelle. It was a great ride I'll remember fondly. Lots of great people. As generous a severance package as any non-manager could find, and the work experience and opportunities prepared those who did not squander them for a bright future indeed. I'm gonna be needin' me some new shades!

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't presume to advise management.

Just another pay check

Research Scientist (Current Employee)
    Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Battelle and Battelle full-time for more than a year

Pros: -The pay was OK -The hours are flexible and you could come and go as you pleased -… Cons: -Battelle is very middle management heavy, and so overhead costs are high -If you are not in Columbus it can be difficult to… More

Going downhill

Scientist (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Battelle and Battelle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Work can be interesting, and at least in my situation… Cons: They have decreased our sick days. They have deleted three holidays. They have gutted our pension (probably be gone in another year). They have done away with incentive… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Battelle and Battelle.

Worked for Battelle and Battelle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Battelle and Battelle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Battelle and Battelle CEO Charles M. Foley. All reviews posted anonymously by Battelle and Battelle employees.