Batteries Plus

www.batteriesplus.com
  www.batteriesplus.com
There are newer employer reviews for Batteries Plus

Customer Service and Technical Support

I have been working at Batteries Plus part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Professional environment to work at, learn knowledge about battery industry with thousand types of batteries.

Cons

As far as I have been working at Batteries Plus, I found none of the cons

49 Other Employee Reviews for Batteries Plus (View Most Recent)

Big Goals, Little Pay

Former Employee - Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Batteries Plus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best things about working at Batteries Plus are the hands on skills you get to use. It is retail, but it doesn't feel so much as retail. They also provide decent Health Care and 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, and a good amount of PTO once employed for a decent amount of time.

Cons

One of the biggest cons of working at Batteries Plus was working under a Czar of Middle/Upper Management. This company was once a fun place to go into work, but more and more sales goals are leading to decline in moral. No matter how much sales you bring in, it is never enough. As I mentioned earlier with the Middle/Upper Management, it is a "good ole boys" club, in which everyone was brought over from another retail chain, or was a friend of a friend, and no one really earned their stripes, which in turn leads to little to no advancement outside of the store level. While this is sales job, it is often micromanaged to sell one selling method only, and doesn't allow for creativity. Lastly, this company is on the upswing, and expanding at a high rate in several categories, yet staying stagnant in the compensation area. Employees are required to learn a large, ever changing amount of product information, do customer installations in the dog days of summer and dead of winter, and do a lot of heavy lifting, yet a majority get paid less that someone stocking shelves at Target.

Think a more about the little guys out in the snow and heat waves doing car installs. An extra $1-$2 an hour won't break the bank, and will raise employee retention. Also, allow for selling input for struggling salespeople, but allow for everyone to sell the way they feel comfortable doing so.

Franchise Store, Owners Care, Management Lacks Experience.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Belton, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Belton, TX

I have been working at Batteries Plus part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pleasant customers, time to help customers and complete tasks. Great discounts and great hours. Off early enough on weekends. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Pay very little, management likes to micromanage EVERYTHING. Owners care but are blind to the managers attitude towards staff and customers. This is the case at my store, your store may be different.

Listen to your staff, respect your staff, appreciate your staff and we will go the distance for you rather than fight against you.

There are newer employer reviews for Batteries Plus