Bauer Publishing USA

www.bauerpublishing.com

You are able to receive alot of hands on experience.

Art Director (Former Employee)

ProsBauer Publishing gives you a lot of opportunities and experience in the early stages of your career. If you work in the teen department you are basically responsible for 1/2 the magazine, in terms of design. You are really involved with the production process, and photo selection. Hours are standard and you basically never work after 6:00.

ConsThere isn't really too much room for grown on the art staffs. Overall the editor in chief are in charge of all the departments and it's rare that as an art director you get a say even in terms of design.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoyalty to the company and hard work seem to go unnoticed. Although you get a lot of opportunities you rarely ever see a pay increase, and most starting salaries aren't close to industry standards. My advice would be reward generously the hard dedicated employees.

Great work environment & friendly staff!

Editorial Assistant (Current Employee) Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I have been working at Bauer Publishing USA full-time for more than a year

Pros: Working at Bauer teen group is great. All the departments are great to work in. I really enjoy coming into work everyday. It's not… Cons: Wish I got paid a little more but it's not bad for a entrance level… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was mostly a good experience, but I hear things have gone down the drain

EditorialJ-14 (Former Employee) Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I worked at Bauer Publishing USA as an intern for less than a year

Pros: - Keep interns busy - If there was nothing to do, let me… Cons: - Not all interns were given cool things to do - Lots of mailing… More

There are newer reviews on Bauer Publishing USA.

Worked for Bauer Publishing USA? Contribute to the Community!