There are newer employer reviews for Bausch & Lomb

Working in maintenance at Bausch & Lomb has been the best job that I've had.

Current Employee - Electronic Tech in Greenville, SC
Current Employee - Electronic Tech in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Bausch & Lomb

Pros

They do give a good amount of vacation and 5 days sick time. Competitive pay and benefits. Clean working atmosphere with almost zero danger of hazardous chemicals.

Cons

Because of the process if they get behind on production or incoming orders overtime becomes overwhelming. They will run every weekend and people sometimes beg to get off. Some supervisors, not all, can be ruthless. It is not a hard job people make the job hard.

Advice to Management

Deeper look at whether some poeple are credible enough to hold there positions. Again not all but a some percentage.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

competitive environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Bausch & Lomb

Pros

Goals are generally clearly communicated, and priorities are well established. There is plenty of work to be done.

Cons

I actually like my job, but find it very difficult to develop any camaraderie with my coworkers. The environment here is very cut-throat, everyone is always looking out for themselves. This culture is actually often encouraged by management, pitting team members against each other. Management is strictly interested in making money, very little to no emphasis on people- they say they care, but they clearly don't.

2. For the most part ok...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Bausch & Lomb

Pros

Great benefits and good working environment. Flexible hours and genuine concerm for employees. Some managers were consistently fair. Company tried to be a great place to work.

Cons

No opportunities for promotion within. If you didn't work for the company, you had a better chance of a higher position within.

Advice to Management

Keep your older workers and promote from within. Keep your promises to people and be fair!! Reward hard work with more and better opportunities for current employees!