There are newer employer reviews for Bausch & Lomb

Global Supply, and Procurement Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Intern in Rochester, NY

I worked at Bausch & Lomb as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome people to work with! Extremely helpful, and really want you to succeed.

Cons

Internship was only three months, wish it could have lasted longer.

132 Other Employee Reviews for Bausch & Lomb (View Most Recent)

Mentally challenging and stimulating work with a great group of people willing to help.

Former Employee - Procurement Intern in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Procurement Intern in Rochester, NY

I worked at Bausch & Lomb as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It is a fantastic atmosphere! The people are truly willing to help you out in any way possible. The work that I did required me to critically think and I got to make most of my own decisions and do things how I wanted to do them. I would meet with my Manager weekly to update him to make sure I was on the right track. They also have a full cafeteria for lunches and host events for employees!

Cons

Once you are in a division within the company, it appears to be difficult to move around to other divisions unless you really push for it. You will typically be just with your division, which can be a fairly large amount of people, but the opportunity to meet other people from different divisions didn't seem very high to me. I did get to meet a few people from other areas of the company, but I did that with m own initiative, not through any company sanctioned event.

Give your employees the best and most updated equipment that you can get! Try to create a standard with this equipment too. For example, everyone within Finance and Procurement should be using Excel 2010 and should get a training seminar or something in it to help them out, or at least some useful online material to help them learn it.

Finance Manager

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Kingston, NY
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Kingston, NY

I worked at Bausch & Lomb full-time (more than an year)

Pros

International
    Dynamic
    Closed to the business
    Sells are going fairly but competition is high so pressure is coming everywhere

Cons

It belongs to a private equity and soon will be sold, unsecurity on longer term
    It is looking a lot to the costs and not much into the revenues

There are newer employer reviews for Bausch & Lomb