There are newer employer reviews for Bausch & Lomb

Nice people, disorganized upper management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Bausch & Lomb as an intern for less than a year

Pros

After a long period of stagnancy they are working on innovation and driving the company forward.
CPG side is doing really well.

Cons

There is a lot of shuffling around of upper management.
A lot of older employees are resisting change which creates a conflict with what they are trying to do.

You are a younger, leaner organization now. Be more accesible to your employees.

130 Other Employee Reviews for Bausch & Lomb (View Most Recent)

Global Supply, and Procurement Intern

Former Employee - Intern  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in Rochester, NY

I worked at Bausch & Lomb as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Awesome people to work with! Extremely helpful, and really want you to succeed.

Cons

Internship was only three months, wish it could have lasted longer.

Mentally challenging and stimulating work with a great group of people willing to help.

Former Employee - Procurement Intern  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Procurement Intern in Rochester, NY

I worked at Bausch & Lomb as an intern for less than a year

Pros

It is a fantastic atmosphere! The people are truly willing to help you out in any way possible. The work that I did required me to critically think and I got to make most of my own decisions and do things how I wanted to do them. I would meet with my Manager weekly to update him to make sure I was on the right track. They also have a full cafeteria for lunches and host events for employees!

Cons

Once you are in a division within the company, it appears to be difficult to move around to other divisions unless you really push for it. You will typically be just with your division, which can be a fairly large amount of people, but the opportunity to meet other people from different divisions didn't seem very high to me. I did get to meet a few people from other areas of the company, but I did that with m own initiative, not through any company sanctioned event.

Give your employees the best and most updated equipment that you can get! Try to create a standard with this equipment too. For example, everyone within Finance and Procurement should be using Excel 2010 and should get a training seminar or something in it to help them out, or at least some useful online material to help them learn it.

There are newer employer reviews for Bausch & Lomb

Worked for Bausch & Lomb? Contribute to the Community!