Bausch & Lomb

I love my job at Bausch and Lomb

Current Employee - Surgical Department in Aliso Viejo, CA
Current Employee - Surgical Department in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Bausch & Lomb

Pros

The people I work with are intelligent, caring, fun people working together to provide better eyesight for the world. They are always thinking of new technology, instruments, medications to improve and enhance peoples lives.

Cons

It is very hard to get time off without any trouble to take our kids to practices and games for their sports. Being in the corporate world is so different than a small practice. Everyone is so worried about what someone is or is not doing.

A happy employee is a good employee. Praise more often.

139 Other Employee Reviews for Bausch & Lomb (View Most Recent)

Bausch LOmb France - nice area/company but few major companies if you need to change job afterwards

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montpellier (France)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montpellier (France)

I worked at Bausch & Lomb

Pros

BL France is based in Montpellier, really nice area in the south of France with a nice company restaurant and nice office

Cons

They are part of Valeant since 2014, which is very decentralized so few opportunities to get a Global or European role
    Salary in montpellier are very low and if you want to find another job it would be difficult as there are only a few big companies (Capgemini, Dell and BL), the rest being small and medium sized company : so be pragmatic before reallocating over there

Do Not Work Here

I have been working at Bausch & Lomb full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Used to be good before Valeant picked apart the company.

Cons

It's all about the bottom line. Valeant tries to talk the talk by introducing employee satisfaction surveys but in reality, you are just a number on a spread sheet. Awful managers who don't know the very basics of managing people effectively. Penny pinching to the extreme. T&E micro management. If you like Super 8"s when you have to travel, this is the place for you.

Pull your head out of your rectum and try and appreciate that people matter more than the bottom line and your bonus.

There are newer employer reviews for Bausch & Lomb