There are newer employer reviews for Bausch & Lomb

Work at B&L? meh.

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Bausch & Lomb

Pros

Fair compensation and benefits, and reasonable expectations in terms of work/life balance.

Cons

Lack of innovation, or support necessary to foster innovation and new product development internally.

Advice to Management

N/A as senior management has been by and large replaced since I left the company due to their having been acquired. My advice would have been for them to be fired, which essentially happened (although unfortunately they all cashed out and robbed the company blind).

reviews filtered by

I love my job at Bausch and Lomb

Current Employee - Surgical Department in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Surgical Department in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Bausch & Lomb

Pros

The people I work with are intelligent, caring, fun people working together to provide better eyesight for the world. They are always thinking of new technology, instruments, medications to improve and enhance peoples lives.

Cons

It is very hard to get time off without any trouble to take our kids to practices and games for their sports. Being in the corporate world is so different than a small practice. Everyone is so worried about what someone is or is not doing.

Advice to Management

A happy employee is a good employee. Praise more often.

2. Satisfied with company

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Bausch & Lomb full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation and incentive policies are great. Travel policies and allowances are favorable.

Cons

Since the takeover by Valeant Pharma in 2013 policies have changed. Company focus excessively finance driven. Attrition rate is high.

Advice to Management

Senior management should form policies and strategies relevant to market conditions. They need to study competitor activities and then form strategy. Just having great products is not enough. It should be backed up with strong marketing skills. HR should appoint dynamic marketing staff having strong desire to make a change.

There are newer employer reviews for Bausch & Lomb