Bausch & Lomb

its all good

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Process Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Bausch & Lomb

Pros

ability to balance work and personal life, local economy has historically been in decline so any job with a relatively stable company like B&L is a good job, 401k & benefits package are great, products and technology behind them is interesting, high level of diversity.

Cons

lack of business growth, limited opportunity outside of the firm - high level of firm specific knowledge, firm lags behind competition in some areas and lags behind

we need better information regarding business unit performance. no longer being publicly traded, a new means for sharing financial performance information with employees needs to be devised.

137 Other Employee Reviews for Bausch & Lomb (View Most Recent)

Work at B&L? meh.

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Bausch & Lomb

Pros

Fair compensation and benefits, and reasonable expectations in terms of work/life balance.

Cons

Lack of innovation, or support necessary to foster innovation and new product development internally.

N/A as senior management has been by and large replaced since I left the company due to their having been acquired. My advice would have been for them to be fired, which essentially happened (although unfortunately they all cashed out and robbed the company blind).

I love my job at Bausch and Lomb

Current Employee - Surgical Department in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Surgical Department in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Bausch & Lomb

Pros

The people I work with are intelligent, caring, fun people working together to provide better eyesight for the world. They are always thinking of new technology, instruments, medications to improve and enhance peoples lives.

Cons

It is very hard to get time off without any trouble to take our kids to practices and games for their sports. Being in the corporate world is so different than a small practice. Everyone is so worried about what someone is or is not doing.

A happy employee is a good employee. Praise more often.

There are newer employer reviews for Bausch & Lomb