There are newer employer reviews for Baxter

Used to be great place, less optimal now

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Deerfield, IL
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Baxter

Pros

opportunities to move around the company, reasonable work/life balance most of the time, good company reputation, good benefits and reasonable salary

Cons

more about who you know than what you know, senior management disconnected from employees, hard to get fair recognition for hard work

please listen to the concerns employees have about changing culture, please see money spent on team building and social interaction as valuable, please recognize people more often

reviews filtered by

Medical products division sucks on all levels. The management shows favoritism to men.

Former Employee - Quality Lab Associate II in Round Lake, IL
    Former Employee - Quality Lab Associate II in Round Lake, IL

I worked at Baxter

Pros

To get entry level experience in working with a variety of pharmaceutical products and instruments.

Cons

The management displays favoritism to its employees. The raises are unfair. the chances of moving into a new division is slim to none. The management blocks everyone from moving to other divisions in baxter, so there is no room to grow within the company.

The leadership at Baxter is so political. It is a shame that qualified individuals can not experience professional growth and development.

Educational

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Waukegan, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Waukegan, IL

I worked at Baxter

Pros

I learned a lot while I was at Baxter, both how to do things and not to do things. I think that it was a great stepping stone in my career, but not a company to grow with long term.

Cons

If you are not part of their Finance Development Program, your interviews for promotions will be courtesy only.

There are newer employer reviews for Baxter