There are newer employer reviews for Baxter

Good place to start out

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Deerfield, IL
Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Baxter full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of options. Baxter is a big company so there's plenty of opportunities

Cons

Big companies have too many bureaucratic policies/procedures.

Someone at a higher pay grade does not necessarily mean that they should have more authority to make decisions against various functions. Baxter needs to eliminate condescending and rude leaders.

reviews filtered by

Company Lacks Maturity, Objectivity and Talent

Former Employee - Data Architect - Senior Software Engineer in Medina, NY
    Former Employee - Data Architect - Senior Software Engineer in Medina, NY

I worked at Baxter full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Baxter-Medina is a great place to work if you want to sit around like a bump on a log. It is just large enough employee activities and work initiatives aren't policed so a significant amount of white collared employees (@20%) go to work every day and produce nothing. If you're that type of person this is a great place for you.

Compensation is reasonably fair but I was given the runaround when my 20% annual bonus (in my employment contract) was due. So, don't count on any bonus if offered.

Cons

Baxter-Medina is in the middle of nowhere, so getting real talent in house is quite a challenge. It was a privately held company until April 2012. While privately held the sole purpose of its being was to create a selling proposition for Baxter. Because of this many people jumped into business roles that needed to be satisfied, although they had absolutely no skill or qualifications to do the job.

If you are real "talent", your ideas will be dismissed and scrutinized by those that I just previously mentioned. Because of the unqualified job holders, projects don't meet deadlines or goals (financial or time) but the company is financially stable enough to throw good money after bad.

Outsourcing is the software way here, so if you're looking for a development job the threat of being outsource looms in the background although is rarely implemented.

I've worked for some really good and bad companies before, this one without a doubt is on the very bottom of the bell curve. Worst company I've ever worked for period.

When I gave notice that I was leaving, they terminated me the next day (apparently is policy) WITHOUT PAY. Very un-classy, but what could one expect from a Medina company.

There is an attitude that because they are a "big fish" in such a small pond that employees would be lost without the leadership and security of the company.

If you like getting things done, being surrounded by talented counterparts, and fast paced environments, this is definitely NOT the place for you.

Mature from the privately held politics, listen to what your talent has to say...and don't assume they are just there to create a ruckus. Stop the assumptions because 90% of them were false in my observation.

2. Analyst

Current Employee - Project Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Baxter full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are great, people are wonderful to work with and the food in the cafeteria is great!

Cons

The management could be more encouraging toward promotion or higher opportunities within the company.

None