There are newer employer reviews for Baxter

Company Review

Current Employee - Research Scientist II  in  Round Lake, IL
Current Employee - Research Scientist II in Round Lake, IL

I have been working at Baxter full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ethical, Milestone commitment emphasized, accountability

Cons

continuous reorganization, slow changes and focus on sustaining products

431 Other Employee Reviews for Baxter (View Most Recent)

Sr. Management is the worst I've met

I have been working at Baxter full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers are some of the best I've had. More than half of them are really talented and hard working. Too bad all the good people are leaving in hordes.

Cons

The high turn over rate and lack of action on the part of Sr. Managers. They don't care about your growth and pile on as much work as you can handle, resulting in unequal distribution of work. The better you are, the more you get.

Talk is cheap ...

Former Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Round Lake, IL
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Round Lake, IL

I worked at Baxter full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pros were working in a challenging atmosphere, with many talented and ambitious people. Great work experience, good on the resume. Salary is decent, benefits are okay.

Cons

A lot of talk about "work/life balance" turns into a lot of *nothing* once you're in your job. Most positions do not allow for work-from-home opportunities, despite what you are told by HR. HR will allow managers to force people to work from the office 100%, and there is no recourse through HR. "Need-based" pay standards, not what HR will tell you. Many managers will give single moms higher annual raises, moms with children are often discriminated against (that is my particular experience) by being told when they initially take a job offer that working from home is totally acceptable, and then later are told that it is not acceptable just for her. Lots of the "good old boys" mentality there. If you're not one of the insiders, you're nothing. Lots of huge egos.

Stop acting like your employees are cattle. I quit my job at Baxter after 12 years because of favoritism among different managers/leaders. I worked in Quality, and the atmosphere was terrible. Our management gave no appreciation of anything we did (our entire team) and we were often the people working latest into the evening, in the entire building. I did not get fired from Baxter; I quit because I was fed up with the horrific conditions working there.

There are newer employer reviews for Baxter

Worked for Baxter? Contribute to the Community!